Recruits

It'd been 2 weeks sense they'd destroyed the coven house, nothing but rogues had popped up now and again sense then; the news had spread quickly that the Lost Lord and Death Doll were on the warpath. He sat humming as he gently stroked a brush through Aria's hair, one leg on the couch and one on the floor with her nestled between them when the door opened and Pandora came in with two men in tow.

"I'll be damned, if it isn't the Lost Lord himself!" A familiar voice called then suddenly he found himself in a tight head lock.

"Ah, Colt, long time." He choked out as the hybrids stench filled his nose, "You stink as always." He growled out, as if rousing from a stupor Aria spun around wide eyed.

"Well hello there, lovely lady." Colt said then releasing him flitted over beside Aria wiggling his eyebrows, "I was told he'd found him a lover but I hadn't been told she was luscious." He teased which made Aria flush; Able could here Pandora's teeth gritting together.

"Colt...sit!" Pandora snapped, Colt's face paled and he backed off and sat on the floor Indian style.

"I was just playing." Colt mumbled like a scolded child then smiling bright when Pandora came over and sat down in his lap his arms eagerly going about her.

"Able." Bastian's soft voice rang in his ear; even after all these years it was still broken.

"Bastian, how are you?" he questioned softly, he knew Bastian's pain all too well.

"Healing...I think..." Bastian mumbled.

Bastian slowly walked around the couch and bowed to Aria, "Miss Aria, I've heard a lot about you from my sister-in-law, I am glad Able found you."

"Sister-in-law?" she asked confusedly.

"Yes, my name is Sabastian, this here is Colt my brother and husband to Pandora." Bastian mumbled, Able felt a suddenly sad aura radiate from Aria as she stared at Bastian.

"So, how's settling into the new place going Pandora?" Able chimed trying to change the mood of the room

"Well, Bastian and Colt are always busy; there's a lot to fix in that old place." She said then glanced concerned at Bastian as he stared on at Aria and Able, "I just figured I'd bring them buy, I knew you were still waiting to discover who I had called in, and well here they are."

"Not a bad choice, and at least now you won't have to be here with us constantly and you won't have to live all alone; strength in numbers right now is our keys." He responded then looked back towards Bastian who still stared at him and Aria; the anguish in his eyes was flaring.

As if rousing from some deep thoughts Bastian walked over and leaning against the wall he slid down it, long legs outstretched; Bastian was just a few inches taller than himself. He noticed that Bastian was thinner than normal, and looked very underfed, he hopped Bastian wasn't unknowingly taking a page from his book; out of the corner of his eye he caught Pandora give the faintest of a nod.

"So, it's our turn to keep you out of trouble this time round huh Abel?" Colt spoke up, he glared at him jokingly.

"Don't get a big head on yah there Colt." He said with a wink, noting the confused look on Aria's face still.

"We got wind of a pack of Lycans on the way here, there's nothing left of them but ashes and bone now though." Bastian said in a cruel tone, "We eradicated the whole pack from their den." He continued as if reporting to a captain.

"Lycans...dens...strangers in my apartment..." Aria flustered.

"We, vampires I mean, are not the only monster from fairy tales that still exist. Werewolves exist as well and much like we vampires have covens the werewolves have dens." he replied rubbing his hand along her back.

"And then there's me, well, me and last I knew, 3 others." Colt chimed with a broad smile.

"Then there's you?" she questioned.

"I am what's known as a Hybrid; I am part werewolf, part vampire." He replied, "I was just a run of the mill werewolf until this beauty got hold of me to save my life." He chimed then nuzzled Pandora's cheek and neck.

"And, you're brothers?" she questioned looking back and forth from Colt to Bastian.

"Yes, I am older, physically, than Colt; our contrast comes from our mother being Native and our father a British man. I got turned first by Lillith then trying to save me Colt got bitten by a werewolf." Bastian explained.

"How do you three know each other then?" she questioned, Bastian's anguish deepened and Colt stiffened.

"I'll discuss that with you later cherie; please be satisfied with what they have explained thus far for now." He said softly looking over at Bastian again; Bastian was all pain and sorrow and had been for several decades.

The questions and conversation died out as everyone kept looking at Bastian from the corner of their eye and Aria stared widely at him a hint of sorrow in her gaze.

"Well...we should return home...we still have a lot of work to do; come my love." Pandora said swiftly pulling from Colt's grasp then pulling him up, slowly Bastian stood up and joined them.

"It was nice meetin ya Aria." Colt smiled.

"I'll see you soon Aria, Able." Pandora stated then tugged Colt to the door.

"The pleasure is all mine Miss Aria." Bastian said then bowed and hurried past.

Able listened to the door click then listened on until they were too far for him to hear clearly. Sighing he pulled Aria to him; he did not miss the Hell that Bastian currently lived in. Inhaling deeply Able kissed her head and nuzzled his face in her hair.

"I met the boys back in 2016, Bastian had fallen fatally in love with one of my descendants and the war was starting to build then even, so that put her in danger which roused me from my sleep; her name was Mina." He told her, then squeezed her gently.

  © Eva Henderson, 2016