Surveillance

She stood outside waiting as he approached the building, a quilt tight about her silk clad figure, hair still loose and blowing in the slight wind, Pandora standing close by talking to her as if trying to sooth a child.

"What in hell are you doing out here?" he questioned as her eyes grew wide and he saw panic flare.

"She noticed my unease and insisted that we come and look outside to see if you were coming." Pandora stated flatly, "I heard the fight and I didn't conceal my concern well enough and I couldn't get her to stay put; I'm sorry." She continued then curtsied to him.

Hurrying up to Aria he pulled the blanket tighter around her and rushed her inside, he could tell by the color of her skin and the slight shiver that went throughout her that she was cold. Once in the apartment he grabbed another one of her blankets and wrapped it about her.

"What happened?" Pandora asked.

"I was setup, they've been listening and watching the apartment which means most likely someone in this building is one of us or being used by one of us or worse...one of us have hidden away in an apartment and most likely killed its tenant." He muttered as he rubbed his hands quickly across Aria's arms trying to cause a tiny bit of friction that would warm her quicker.

Grabbing the bag he'd sat down Pandora went to work on preparing food for Aria; she entertained way more often than he did and kept in the company of humans more often as well.

Looking him over again Aria gasped, "You're hurt!" she cried then without even asking she grabbed the shoulder of his oversized sweater and pulled it down to where the blade had pierced through, then pulled up his shirt where the blade had sliced him. Grabbing her hands he stopped her from touching his flesh.

"I'll be fine, I've had worse injuries than these, they'll be fully healed in just a few more moments." He said then kissed her hands.

Eyeing him she turned her head to the side suspiciously so to ease her he got up and grabbed a dish cloth of hers wet it then returning to the couch he pulled up his shirt and wiped the blood away.

"If you don't believe me, watch." He stated, leaning forward she watched the now cleaned wound gasping as before her own eyes it healed closed, "The shoulder one is a bit deeper so will take a little longer." He continued, "Now if you'll excuse me I need to go get some clean clothes."

"I'm coming with you." She mumbled.

"If you want, though it really isn't necessary." He agreed then frowned at her.

They went to his apartment in silence and she waited just as silently as he went through his drawers and grabbed out clean clothes then quickly he went to his bathroom stripped out of his dirty clothes showered then came back out as she stood staring at a picture on his wall making the first thing he saw was her backside when he came out.

"Is that..." she began as he walked up and hugged her from behind hoping she wouldn't mind and glad when she didn't seem to.

"Yes, that's me, hmm circa 1867 I believe." He mumbled then releasing her he grabbed her hand, "Pandora should be about done with your food you should eat." He stated then tugged on her lightly, she followed.

No one said anything as she ate however Pandora kept giving him looks and unlike mortals he could easily read a vampire's thoughts. Nodding his head he watched as Pandora excused herself and left out to do some inspection of the building in attempt to pinpoint where the spy was listening from.

"Should she be wondering around on her own after you just got attacked?" Aria questioned moments later as she washed her dish and put it away.

"You mustn't worry about us so much." He stated as she sat on the edge of her bed and let out a yawn, "You should go to sleep cherie." He muttered, listening to Pandora's mind; she was on the floor above them and had sensed nor found anything yet.