Noisy Neighbor

Weeks had passed before he was strong enough to move, standing he stared in the cracked mirror at his gaunt face; he couldn't go out this way but he needed blood. Searching through his closet he found a scarf and some gloves putting his coat on and gloves he grabbed up the scarf and wrapped it about his face then left out. Walking about five blocks he stepped into an unmarked building, another vampire connection, behind the counter stood a young female with violet eyes and raven hair.

      "How can I help you?" she said in an almost childlike voice.

      "I need 4 bags of blood please; the freshest you have." he said his eyes roaming over the store; it held everything from weapons to clothes.

      "Any preference?" she asked as she turned and hit a hidden switch on the wall.

      "No." he said with a shake of his head.

       Grabbing out 4 bags she stepped back up to the counter, "Don't think I've ever seen you here before." she said casually, trying to make conversation.

      "I rarely ever come in here, I prefer the vegan diet." he said shoving his hands in his pockets.

      "750." she said shoving the bags in a black cooler bag.

      Pulling out his wallet he handed her the money then grabbing up the bag he left and returned home taking brief note of talking in the empty apartment next to his. Entering the apartment he took out one blood bag and sat it on his night stand then put the rest up. Stripping off the gloves and scarf he tossed them to the floor then grabbing a glass off the counter he opened the blood bag and poured it in the glass his extreme thirst screaming for it. As he sat staring at the glass he knew his body was screaming for something else, reaching under his bed he pulled out a long box, within it held several vials of B-k snatching out one he opened it and knocked it back; Enrick might have gotten rid of the ones in his fridge but he hadn't looked elsewhere. Laying back on his bed he waited for the floating feeling, he waited for the high. Once the high was there he snatched up the glass and drank it down, his head was feeling heavy, closing his eyes he let the glass drop to the floor.

       It must have been early in the morning when he woke to loud movements in the apartment next door, the sun in his eyes causing them to ache. He lay there and attempted to block out the noise throwing his arm over his face to hide his eyes from the sun. He felt his eyebrow raise when a tentative knock sounded on his door, moving his arm he stared at the door as the knock came again. Getting up slowly he made his way to the door and looked out the peephole and saw nothing, so opening the door carefully, as he needed to fix it still, he looked out his eyes falling on a young woman that stood only about 5'5" he guessed.

      "Can I help you?" he asked.

      She fidgeted nervously, "Um, I uh, just moved in next door and um I was wondering if um you had a flat head screw driver I can borrow." she asked in a nervous tone her eyes down cast to the floor.

      "Uh, yeah." he answered then leaving the door open he went to his drawers to look for one, "Small or large?" he called.

      "Um...medium...I think." she said her scent heating, she must be blushing he thought.

      Grabbing 3 different sizes he walked back to the door, "Here you go." he stated then held them out to her, her fingers brushing his when she took the screwdrivers a mild tingling feeling going through his fingers.

      "Thank you, I'll bring them back soon." she muttered then rushed off curious he followed.

      Through her open door he saw a bed frame with several little packages strewn over the floor.