Coven House Destruction

The Coven House was dark by the time they arrived, no doubt the young ones were settled in for the daytime hours but it had been reported that there had been a few older members and he figured if they hadn't known they were coming originally that they knew now. Silently they moved through the shadows and went to break in the door when they noticed it was already unlocked; they were definitely expected.

Looking at each other they shrugged and stepped in, in the center of the foyer stood a young looking blonde woman and a tall wiry dark-skinned male; judging by their auras they were both at least 100 years old.

"We know why you're here, and we know who you are M.A.D." The man said in a clearly accented voice.

"If you know who I am then you know what I'm capable of so why are risking it?" he questioned.

Without answering him the guy looked at Pandora, "Ah, Angel of the Apocalypse correct?" he questioned, "The famed woman who is supposed to hold the power to control the four Horseman via her magic box, tell me where is your box Pandora."

Pandora snorted, "If I had this supposed box do you think I'd tell you?" she snarled out then braced herself, "Enough chatter, let's play." She glared as Able watched her eyes change hue to their vibrant red.

With one flash she had seemingly appeared in front of the woman who had just barely blocked Pandora's rapier attack with a chain that held to cycles at both ends.

"Let's dance." Able said then quickly unsheathing his sword he ran his hand across the blade his blood dripping down into the runes them glowing as they absorbed it.

For a brief moment he saw fear in the dark man's eyes, "Demi āsimati...Blood magic." He whispered then charged at him.

Dipping he dodged the man's first swing, then briefly closing his eyes he focused on the sound of the man, the weight with which he moved, the sound of his feet, his heart thudding in his chest; he was still slightly frightened. Coming up he swung as the man charged him again, his blade slicing the man's side; yes drink my old friend he mentally said to his blade. The man let out a low grunt of pain.

"You play with me!" the man seethed, he laughed at him.

"You're mistaken, if I were playing with you I would have never even bothered to bring out my sword." He muttered as the man charged at him again, shifting slightly he caught the man by his throat, "Now I'm playing with you." He seethed, "Who sent you...who's out for my head?" he questioned then released the man, "Dance with me." He snarled as they began to exchange blow for blow; he was too strong and too fast for this man.

Dodging a swing he flipped over the man grabbing his head as he flipped over it and bringing him crashing to the ground, then using his sword he stabbed it through the man's gut and pinned him to the floor. "Who sent you?" he questioned, the man just laughed and tried to struggle to remove the sword, "It won't come out until I choose to remove it." He taunted then pulled out his pistol, "Who sent you?" he asked again the man just spit at him; aiming for his hand Able shot it through with one of the specialty bullets that turned molten upon entering the hand; the wound would not heal closed as long as the molten metal remained and the metal never cooled.

When he refused to answer still he shot through his other hand, and continued until his bullets ran out. Hunching down he looked at the man as he slowly bleed out.

"You know...you could have died a bit quicker if you'd just answer my question." He said to the man then slowly began to shove his fingers into the man's chest cavity.

He screamed in agony as slowly flesh ripped, bone cracked and then finally Ables hand wrapped around his heart and he began to squeeze; his screams rose in pitch.

"Dante!" he screamed, "Dante, he calls himself!" he screamed again, as blood spurted out of his mouth, "Go ahead and kill me, I'm good as dead anyway." He mumbled in defeat.

"Sleep now." Able whispered then crushed his heart which turned into gooey pulp in his hand.

Standing and turning he found Pandora's face buried in the woman's neck, a large slash down Pandora's back which quickly healed with the taking of the blood.

"Burn it down." He said as he pulled his sword from the floorboards and stepped over the pile of ashes and headed out; Pandora quickly followed on heel.

Once outside in the early morning sun Pandora looked up at the house and smiled her wicked grin, "Speciosa mea, devorabit ignis , et cinis ad pulverem." She mumbled in a chant; he knew the words meant 'Consume my beautiful flame, turn to ashes and dust'. He watched as the building combusted into towering flames and all the glass busted out; from within he heard the screams of the others stop as quickly as they began.

Quickly they flitted away putting several blocks between them before the sirens first went off; the firemen would find nothing he knew not even the slightest sign that someone had been there.

"Did you get anything from the girl?" he questioned, then reaching over he wiped a smudge of blood from the corner of her mouth, "A little messy aren't you." He taunted.

"She told me the same thing he told you, Dante, that's all they seemed to know is that the word went out over the connections several weeks ago alerting that the Lost Lord had come out and that there was a bounty on his head. She said to them they were offered free range, the humans were offered either money or eternity and the Lycans the simple fact that they get to kill vampires." She stated, she had gotten more out of the girl than he had the guy.

Suddenly laughing she looked up at him, "What?" he questioned.

"You say I'm messy, have you seen the blood spatter on your face?" she taunted then reaching down she ripped off a piece of her skirts and handed it to him, "Here, I'm sure you don't want Aria or any other human for that matter, seeing you splattered in blood." She laughed again.

Snatching it from her he wiped at his face then tucked it in his pocket for later disposal. Silence fell as they walked slowly back to the apartments; it reminded him of old days which were both painful and pleasant. In so many ways he wanted to go back to a time where he had never seen his first battle or a time where battle was very rare; he was so tired of battle.

"Able..." she questioned softly interrupting his thoughts, "Are you really going to ask to change Aria...I mean...are you really ready to sacrifice the one thing you have held onto so strongly over the past few centuries?" her words caused him to stop in his tracks; the apartment was just around the corner and he longed to embrace Aria and let her know he was alive.

"Yes, I will not force it on her nor will Itry to convince her truly to let me change her...I'll merely offer it...the finaldecision is all hers." He said softly then started walking again; he wanted toembrace his big and beautiful goddess.

  © Eva Henderson, 2016