Happiness Interrupted

"We really should find a house cherie." He called as he approached the bathroom where she stood at the sink brushing her teeth, "And there really is no reason for you to continue working in that cesspool of a club."

It had been several months sense her party and their engagement and his own birthday was now only weeks away as well as the start of a new year. For the past week he'd been trying to convince her to move and quit her job at the club; though he was by far not trying to take away her independence he just saw no point in her working when he could support them both.

"I told you, I'm not quitting." She said after rinsing her mouth out, "I enjoy my job; we can move just let me keep it." She pleaded.

Letting out a sigh he stepped up behind her and hugged her from behind as he stared in the mirror, even pale as she was they were still night and day but their eyes they held the sky and the sweet green grass. Her face had gained just a few more minor wrinkles, her hair a few more grays but her beauty to him had only blossomed further; he would have to get serious on when he was going to change her.

"What is it?" she questioned lowly turning in his arms and looking up at him.

"Ok, you can keep your job at the club however...I wish us to marry on December 31st...I would like to have a moonlight wedding with you and ring in the new year with a kiss and you as my new bride." He stated bluntly.

"So soon..." she muttered then trailed off.

"Yes, with all the hands at your disposal now a ceremony can be drawn together within the nearly 2 months left." He stated then kissed the top of her head.

"Ok...I don't see why not, you've proved thus far that you're not going anywhere." She agreed then straining up she kissed his chin.

"Let's go to bed, tomorrow I'd like to discuss a few things with you." He said kissing the tip of her nose.

Returning to the main room she climbed in bed as he flipped out the lights, then stripping to his boxers he climbed in with her, covered her with a throw then pulled her to him tightly; his rules for sleeping together so she didn't freeze.

"I wish all these barriers didn't have to be here." She mumbled as if in accord with his thoughts.

"Yes, well, if they're not you get too cold and...it is just way too tempting to misbehave if I'm pressed too closely against you." He stated then taunted and trying to stress his point he bucked his hips lightly and nibbled her neck.

"Are you serious?" she gasped, "Every damn time."

"Yep, my body and thoughts are hypersexual when near you." He laughed, "If I had my way we'd probably run around naked all day and fuck off and on all day." He continued then nipped her neck again.

"And what's with the constant biting then?" she asked.

"You're quiet tasty to me, even your skin taste pleasant to me, and..." he continued placing his lips by hear ear, "Your juices taste good to me. Your blood...your blood makes me want to ravish you in every way possible." He felt her body heat rise and pulling back even in the dark he could see the violent flush to her face, giving a laugh he kissed her whimsically, "Go to sleep mon amour."

By the end of the week, Rebecca, Aja, Pandora, Miranda and a newer young one named Son-li were all in town dragging poor Aria every which way, while he, Colt, Bastian, Marco and Sinclair searched and destroyed while also looking for the perfect spot for the ceremony. They had barely seen each other the entire week. This night would be a little different and for a brief moment his happiness would be interrupted.

They'd discovered a new coven house that had risen and the leader Able knew all too well and he knew he was nothing to play with or take lightly.

"I've fought him before...you younger ones just do not understand the magnitude of this situation." He hissed out as he paced back and forth in Pandora's dining room where they all had convened including Aria who had insisted despite the seriousness of the discussion. He looked over at her for the hundredth time; she sat stiff backed with hidden fear deep within her gaze that she masked with anger.

"I simply cannot believe he would challenge you again." Bastian hissed out, he and Colt had met him on the battle field before.

"Are you sure we should not call in Lord Enrick?" Sinclair questioned concerned.

"I'm positive, have faith in me." He said,"You all will deal with the rest of the coven, Aja, Son-li you will stay withAria; she does not leave this place." He snarled out in an order.

  © Eva Henderson, 2016