Part 2.1

You sat in Senator Amidala's living room. You were waiting for her to return, but more importantly Ani and Obi Wan. Padme and Captain Typho had come and you were bored put of your mind. Then the door opened and Jar Jar came out.

"Lookie...lookie...Oops! Oh dear I'm afraid I forgotten myself again." He said.

You restrained from laughing at him as you stood up. You smiled brightly when you saw Obi Wan and Ani. You ran to them and hugged each of them. You had been away for years and this was the first you had seen them.

"Why y/n! Look how much you've grown!" Obi Wan exclaimed.

You smiled and slightly blushed. You walked over to Ani and enveloped him in a hug.

"Its been a while Ani." You said.

"Too long." Anakin responded.

You smiled and sat down in one of Senator Amidala's chairs. Padme walked over and smiled.

"It's a great pleasure to see you again M'Lady." Obi Wan said to Padme.

"It has been far too long Master Kenobi. I'm so glad our paths have crossed again...but I must warn you that I think your presence here is unnecessary." Padme said.

Her direction then turns to Anakin. "Ani?" She exclaims in disbelief. "My goodness you've grown!" She added now having to look up at him.

"As have you...more beautiful I mean...and much shorter...for a Senator I mean."

You sighed and nearly slapped him but you decided not to. You could see the feelings he had for her.

Padme laughs and shakes her head, "Oh, Ani. You'll always be the little boy I knew on Tatooine."

Anakin is now emberassed and looks down. You, Obi Wan, and Captain Typho were all smiling.

"Our presence will be invisible M'Lady." Obi Wan assured.

"I am very greatful you are here Master Kenobi. This situation is more dangerous than the Senator will admit." Captain Typho informed.

Padme started to get frustrated, "I don't need more security, I need answers. I want to know who is trying to kill me." She said nearly yelling.

Listening to the conversation, you knew what was going to happen.

Obi Wan frowned, "We're all three here to protect you Senator, not to start an investigation." He said. You nodded in agreement with what he said.

"We will find out who is trying to kill you Padme I promise you that." Anakin said.
You sighed and rolled your eyes. He's done it again and he bites his lip in frustration and shame.

"We are not going to exceed our mandate, my young Padawan learner." Obi Wan said.

Anakin trying to defend himself said, "I meant in the interest of protecting her, Master, of course."

Obi Wan sighed, "We are not going through with this excercise again, Anakin. You will pay attention to my lead." He commanded.

"Why?" Anakin asked.

You knew that was a bad decision to ask that.

What?!" Obi Wan asked shocked. Anakin started to ask Obi Wan to try and win this argument. You didn't want to listen to them arguing but you didn't want to interfere and be involved.

But Padme knew how to stop it, "Perhaps with merely your presence, the mysteries surrounding this threat will be revealed. Now if you will excuse me I will retire." She said walking away.

You all gave a slight bow as she and Dorme left the room. Captain Typho looked to make sure the Senator was in the other room before he spoke.

"Well, I know I feel a lot better having you all here. I'll have an officer on each floor and I'll be at the command centre downstairs." He said.

"Thank you captain." you said. He nodded his head slightly before leaving.

"Mesa busten wit happiness sein yousa again Ani. Deesa bad times, bombad times." Jar Jar said almost with a shiver.

"She didn't even recognize me Jar Jar. I thought about her every day since we parted...and she's forgotten me completely."

The way Ani said that seemed to hit you right in the stomach. He sounded so upset. He loved her and you felt as though he didn't care about you anymore.

"Shesa happy. Happier den mesa see-en her in longo time." And that was when you knew she loved him too.

"Anakin, you're focusing on the negative again. Be mindful of your thoughts. She was glad to see us, now let's check the security here." Obi Wan said and it calmed you down a bit.

"Yes, my master." Ani answered still upset.
You sat on a chair waiting and bored. Anakin was standing in the living room in a medative state. Then, the two of you heard footsteps. Anakin reached for his lightsaber but then smiled and clipped it back to his belt. The door to the corrider opened and Obi Wan walked in. You smiled knowing you and Ani weren't going to be alone the entire time.

"Captain Typho has more than enough men downstairs. No assassin will try to get in through that way." Obi Wan explained.

You stood up and stretched. You had been sitting for so long.

"You doing alright?" Obi Wan asked you.

"Yeah. I'm just glad you guys came. I wouldn't have been able to handle this on my own." You answered.

Obi Wan smiled at you and you smiled at him. He then checked a palm sized view scanner he pulled out of his utility belt. You walked over to look on it as well. All you could see was R2 in the corner but no Padme on her bed.

"What's going on?" He asked.

You looked just as confused as he did.

Anakin shrugged, She covered the cameras. I don't think she liked me watching her." He said. 'I wouldn't blame her.' You thought in your head.

"What is she thinking?" Obi Wan asked.

"She programmed R2 to let us know if there is an intruder." Anakin explained calmly.

"It's not an intruder I'm worried about." Obi Wan said.

"There are many ways to kill a Senator." You cut in. Obi Wan nodded in agreement.

"I know but we also want to catch this assassin don't we master?" Anakin explained.

"You're using her as bait?" Obi Wan responded in shock.

"It was her idea. No harm will come to her. I can sense everything going on in there. Trust me." Anakin said.

"It's too risky. And your senses aren't that attuned young apprentice." Obi Wan said.

"And yours are?" Anakin asked offended.

"Possibly." Obi Wan answered ending the conversation.