Part 6.4

"Why didn't you tell me?" Luke asked.  Your father approached through the swamp.  "You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father." You could hear that Luke was upset. 

"Your father was seduced by the Dark Side of the force.  He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader.  When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed.  So, what I told you was true, from a certain point of view." You father explained. 

"A certain point of view." Luke exclaimed. 

"A certain point of view!!" You repeated, anger in your voice. 

"How were you going to squeeze that into your speach for me?" You asked. 

"Y/n, I didn't tell you about your mother to protect you."  Your father said. 

"I think it was more to protect yourself from remembering the traumatic experience." You mumbled. 

Your father turned back to Luke, "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend generally on our own point of view." He said. 

There is silence for a moment. 

"I don't blame you for being angry, either of you.  If I was wrong for what I did it certainly wasn't the first time.  You see, what happened to your father was my fault." He paused for a moment in sadness.  "Anakin was a good friend." 

You had heard him start most of his stories someway like this.  You smiled remembering those good times. 

"When I first knew him, your father was already a good pilot.  But I was amazed with how strongly the force was with him.  I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi.  I thought that I coul instruct him just as well as Yoda.  I was wrong.  My pride has had terrible consequences for the whole galaxy." 

The End. You thought. 

"There is still good in him." Luke said. 

"I also thought he could be turned back to the good side.  It couldn't be done.  He's more machine now than man.  Twisted and evil."  Your father explained. 

"I can't do it Ben!" Luke said. 

"You cannot escape your destiny."  More wise words from your father. 

"I tried to stop him once.  I couldn't do it." Luke responded. 

You didn't know how this discussion will end. 

"Vader humbled you when you first met him, Luke...but that experience was part of your training.  It taught you, among other things, the value of patience.  Had you not been impatient to defeat Vader then, you could have finished your training here with Yoda.  You could have been prepared."  After that, you kind of zoned out sensing this conversation wasn't going to involve you for awhile. 
You snapped back to the conversation at one of Luke's sentences and your father's response. 

"I can't kill my own father." 'Of course not!  Who would ever do that!' You thought. 

"Then, the emperor has already won.  You and y/n were our only hope." Your father said.  He had a point. 
No matter how much you wanted to kill Darth Vader and get revenge, you didn't want to be the one to kill Luke's father.  After all, you anf Luke had become quite close friends. 

"Yoda spoke of another." Luke inquired. 

You now became interested and walked closer to them. 

"The other he spoke of was your twin sister."

Your eyes went wide.  'Luke had a sister!  Who was it though?' You thought. 

"But I have no sister." Luke said. 

"Hmm.  To protect you both from the emperor, you were hidden from your father when you were born.  The emperor knew as I did, if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him.  That is the reason your sister remains safely anonymous."  Luke's eyes widened and he gasped. 

"Leia!  Leia's my sister!" He exclaimed. 

Leia? 

You shivered a bit thinking of when Leia kissed Luke.  'Gross!' You thought.  Luke and your father continued to talk.  Your father explained the truth to Luke and he seemed very interested.  Finally, the story was over. 

"We should probably head back to the fleet." You suggested. 

"Yeah.  That's probably best." Luke said standing up. 

You started through the swamp to your ship as fast as possible.  You climbed in, shut the cockpit, and took off directly after Luke.