Part 7.10

You walked hand in hand with Poe to find Aunt Leia.

"General Organa, sorry to interrupt. This is Finn, he needs to talk to you." Poe said.

Leia took Finn's hand in hers, "And I need to talk to him. That was incredibly brave, what you did. Renouncing the First Order saving this man's life-" she said.

"Thank you ma'am but a friend of mine was taken prisoner-" Finn started.

"Han told me about the girl. I'm sorry." She said.

Finn seemed surprised and Poe jumps in to help.

"Finn is familiar with the weapon that destroyed the Hosnian system. He worked on the base." He said.

"We're desperate for anything you can tell us." Leia said.

"That's where my friend was taken. I need to get there fast." Finn said.

"And I will do anything I can to help, but first you need to tell us all you know." Leia said.

• • • • •

BB-8 rolled over to C3PO. The golden droid pulled out a small little map and stuck it into the projection board.

"General, I regret to inform you that this map recovered from BB-8 is only partially complete. And even worse, it matches no charted system on record. We simply do not have enough information to locate Master Luke." 3PO explained. You sighed and flopped into a chair.

"I can't believe I was so foolish to think I could just find Luke and bring him home." Leia said.

"Leia..." Han began.

"Don't do that." Leia said.

"Do what?" Han asked as she walked away.

"Anything." She answered.

You couldn't help but laugh a little bit. But that didn't last long.

"Y/n? You okay?" Poe asked.

"I just thought that, maybe this was it. Maybe this was when I would finally be able to find my father and see him again." You explained. "It's been so many years since he left and I just want to see him again. I know he is alive though because at some points I will feel his presence but then lose it. I just want my father again." You said.

You covered your face with your hands and began to cry. Poe lifted you up and wrapped his arms around you and rubbed your back. This calmed you down a bit and you looked into his eyes. You wiped some tears away and smiled. You then pulled in for a kiss and he did the same. You were happy.

• • • • •

"The scan from Snap's reconaissance confirms Finn's reports." Poe said.

"They've somehow built a hyper lightspeed weapon within the planet itself." Snap explained.

"A laser cannon?" Brance asked.

"We're not sure how to describe a weapon of this scale." Snap replied.

"It's another Death Star." Major Ematt said.

"I wish that were the case, Major." Poe hit a few buttons and some projections appeared in front of everyone. "This was the Death Star, this is Starkiller Base."

There are many gasps heard around the room as the projection of the Starkiller Base appeared.

"So, it's big." Han said.

"How is it possible to power a weapon of this size?" Admiral Ackbar asked.

"It uses the power of the sun. As the weapon is charged the sun is drained until it dissappears." Finn explained.

An officer runs into the room and hands Leia a datacard. She studies it before looking back up,

"The First Order, they're charging the weapon again, now. Our system is the next target." She said sadly.

"Oh my! Without the republic fleet we're doomed!" 3PO exclaimed.

"Okay, how do we blow it up. There's always a way to do that." Your uncle said.

Everyone was looking at him.

"Han's right." Leia said to everyone's shock.

"In order for that amount of power to be contained, that base would need some kind of thermal oscillator..." Admiral Statura stated.

"There is one. Precint 47. Here." Finn said pointing at the projection.

"If we can destroy the oscillator, it might de-stabilize the core and cripple the weapon." You put in.

"Maybe the planet." Major Ematt agreed.

"We'll go in there and we'll hit that oscillator with everything we got." Poe said.

"They have defensive shields that our ships cannot penetrate." Admiral Ackbar stated.

"We disable the shields. Kid, you worked there, what do you got?" Han asked.

Finn took a small pause before answering, "I can do it." He said.

"I like this guy." Han said, making you smile.

"I can disable the shields but I have to be there, on the planet." Finn said.

"We'll get you there." Han said, meaning him and Chewie.

"Han, how?" Leia asked.

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han said.

"I'll come with you, Uncle Han." You said.

"You sure? It could be dangerous."

"Come on. It's me. If I don't come I'll be sitting here on the edge of my seat so nervous as to what might happen." You explained.

"Alright." Han finally agreed.

"So we disable the shields, take out the oscillator and blow up their big gun. All right. Let's go!" Poe exclaimed and everyone split up.