Bianca ~ 35

"We need to get across," I say, staring-no, glaring- down at Charon, who sat in his boat, bored.

"Are you dead?" Charon asks.

"No, but-"

"Then you can't pass. Go away."

I frown. Anger bubbles up in my stomach. I wait for Asher to pull me away before I burst, but he isn't here. So I burst.

"Oh, eff off, Charon. Do you know who I am?" I snap.

"No, and I don't care," replies Charon.

I flip him off. Behind me, Mari gasps. "I am Bianca Solace-di Angelo. That's right. Di Angelo. You better let me in right now before I get my dad and give you a hell of a time. No pun intended," I snarl.

"Hey, um, Bi? Mellow? Maybe?" says Mari in a small voice.

Charon pales slightly at the mention of my dad. "Sorry. Right this way," he says dryly, allowing us on to his boat.

We leave the dock, and float down the River Styx. I stand on the deck, leaning over the edge, staring at the gross River.

Someone joins me. It's Cyprian.

"What was Jake saying?" asks Cy quietly.

"Why do you need to know?" I reply, challengingly.

"I just want to," says Cyprian simply.

I look at him, and raise an eyebrow. "What, are you jealous?" I tease.

To my surprise, Cyprian blushes a little. "I guess?" he laughs.

I laugh too, although it's forced. "He was mainly asking about the sub, and then he, um, asked me out," I say. I see the alarmed look in Cy's eyes and smirk. "I said no, dork. Then, I wiped his memory. All of it," I say, looking back into the river.

Cyprian stays silent. "We need to find this curse, don't we?" he says.

I nod, determined. "You saw Will. I can't lose him. And your mom," I say.

Cyprian nods, and takes my hand reassuringly.

Suddenly, an Iris message appears next to us. I jump, and drop Cyprian's hand, embarrassed.

It's Percy Jackson. My eyes widen. "Mr. Jackson," I say. "What's-"

"Bianca- how is the search going? Everyone's going haywire! Annabeth just shouted at her boss and could be fired, Calypso burned her garden, Piper has been giggling and gossiping non stop-" Percy rambles.

"How are my parents?" I cut in.

Percy looks down nervously. "Oh, um, you saw Will, and Nico...he's all happy and stuff... They're... They're all screwed up. And-um- they're trying for a... A divorce," says Percy.

My heart stops. "Stop them. Please! We'll fix this soon! I just need more time! Don't let them divorce!" I almost sob.

Percy nods. "I'm trying the best I can. I am the only one at Camp Half Blood that hasn't been affected. Camp Jupiter is halfway infected. We need your he-" Percy stops short. Then, something flashes in his eyes, and then he snarls. "What're you looking at, squirt?" he growls, ending the IM.

I turn towards Cyprian, shaking. "My parents..." I whisper. Cyprian wraps his arms around my shoulders, and I'm too heartbroken to snap at him about touching me. Then, he pulls out a coin and starts an Iris Message with Reyna.

I look, and my eyes widen. She and Asher are sitting- not talking-, and the room behind them is totaled. Books and glass everywhere. And-

"What is that?" I yell, pointing at the wall through the IM.

Asher and Reyna gasp, and jump apart.

I'm more focused on the wall.

I hate you, Bianca Solace-di Angelo.

I glare at Asher. "What is this, Stoll?" I hiss.

His eyes widen, and he looks at Reyna. "Bianca- it's not-" he starts, but I interrupt him.

"Why does your wall say that?" I ask.

Something like disappointment flashes through Asher's eyes. "Oh, the wall. I was a little mad at you earlier-" he starts.

"Mad?" scoffs Reyna. "More like furious."

"Anyways- why'd you call?" Asher asks, his voice full of unfamiliar concern.

Weird.

"Percy just IM-Ed. Everyone at Camp is loopy. My parents-" my voice breaks. I compose myself quickly. "They're going to file a divorce."