Cyprian ~ 53

"No," says Mari suddenly. "None of us are going to die." She glares pointedly at me, like I wrote the prophecy, not delivered it.

"I don't chose what the prophecy is going to be, Mari. I just know how to deliver it," I say, frowning.

"You must have SOME control over it! It's not like it comes out of thin air," Mari shoots back.

"It comes from the Oracle, and besides, do you think I'd want someone to die?" I yell, frustrated.

"You're mom is the Oracle, and right now, she's flipped. It can't come from no where!" shouts Mari.

I open my mouth to yell back, but Zoë interrupts me. "Guys! Bianca's missing, we have to find the curse, and we're going to lose someone. Can we not argue about prophecies?" Zoë exclaims, exasperated.

I glare at Mari, who glares back.

Suddenly, Rose gasps. "Bianca sent me her location! Come on!"

We all swim out of the sub and follow Rose.

"Hurry!" Rose yells as we swim as fast as we can. We turn the corner, and I hear swords clashing, and a girl shouting in frustration.

"Bianca!" I yell, and we swim towards the distinctive sound of metal on metal. The sounds are getting louder now as we get closer; the look on everyone's face desperate.

"I see her!" Reyna screeches, pointing at a courtyard not far from where we are now. I squint, and see her fighting multiple sharkmen at once. As we swim closer, I notice more details, like the gashes on her body, and the look of raw fear in her eyes. Her lips are moving rapidly, and I realize she's singing. I don't know what song.

"Bianca!" Asher shouts as we reach the courtyard, only ten yards away from our friend.

Bianca falters at his voice, rolls to the side, and faces us, eyes desperate. "Asher! Guys, help!" she cries. She doesn't notice the sharkman coming near her.

Bianca opens her mouth, but the words come out as a arranged scream of pain and anguish. She stands, suspended, for a moment before collapsing to the floor. She never saw it coming. Neither did we; we were too occupied rushing to her side.

Nobody noticed the sword until the sharkman shoved it through her back, all the way through her small torso.

The boys freeze in shock, and the girls scream, but I stand there in stunned silence.

Bianca Solace-di Angelo had met her match.