Bianca ~ 49

I immediately lunge for Loïc, but Saydi blocks me. For a quiet, stammering girl, she can FIGHT. Saydi blocks my sword with her tail, ignoring the gash that appeared on it. Then, she pulls out a knife from a pocket in her shirt, and stabs at me. I dodge, almost missing the knife entirely. Crud. I yelp as the knife grazes my arm, calling forward scarlet blood. 

"Bianca!" cries Asher. I can't help but roll my eyes. Stupid big brother instincts. 

I duck, dodging the next swipe of Saydi's knife. I attempt another swing of my sword, but this one she escapes completely. I frown, and lift my sword up again. Suddenly, I notice it's starting to feel really heavy. Right, arm. Trying to focus half of my magic and mind on my fight, the other half on my wound, I start to sing. Quietly, but enough to summon my healing magic. 

"When the days are cold, and the cards all fold," I sing quietly, taking another swing at Saydi, and missing.

"Not the time for singing!" exclaims James.

I ignore him, and continue, "and the saints we see are all made of gold. When your dreams all fail, and the ones we hail, are the worst of all, and the blood runs stale," I sing slightly louder, since my wound doesn't seem to be healing. Saydi swipes at me again, and cuts a gash in my cheek. I wince, but slowly start to sing louder as the blood drips down my face and I swing at Saydi, this time swiping her arm, "I want to hide the truth, I want to shelter you, but with the beast inside, theres no where we can hide."

Asher, James, and Cyprian's complains stop. I focus, duck, and dodge as Saydi makes another effort at destroying me. I glance over at Zoë, who fights Pandora well for someone who just learned. I focus back on my fight and song. 

"No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed, this is my kingdom come, this is my kingdom come," I sing, louder as my arm wound starts to heal and I graze Saydi's midriff. 

"When you feel my heat, look into my eyes," I sing, dodging Saydi's swing and immediately replying with a slash of my own sword. "It's where my demons hide, its where my demons hide."

I've almost got her. And, my arm wound is completely sealed up. Just cheek, and defeating Saydi. "Don't get to close, its dark inside," I vocalize. "Its where my demons hide, its where my demons hide!" I whack Saydi on the head with the butt of my sword, and she crumples at my feet. I smile, and feel my cheek. Healed.

"Gods..." says James in awe. I flush. I had an audience. Crap. 

"Shut up," I snap, with no venom in it.

"I didn't know you could sing like that," voices Mari.

"Got it!" grunts Zoë, knocking Pandora out cold.

"Nice," I say, nodding my head. Then, I turn towards Loïc, who watches us, amused.

"I'm surprised you could make it this far. No matter, you can't defeat me," Loïc claims smugly.

"Oh really?" I ask, starting towards the siren.

With a flash, Loïc disarmed me, cut me on the leg, and sent me sprawling on the floor. I try to scramble up, but fail, my face red. Quickly, I start to sing again to heal my leg, and then remember that everyone is listening. I chose to hum Outside, by Ellie Goulding, instead.

"I can beat you," states Zoë confidently, although she looks worried.

"Try," boasts Loïc.

Zoë stares him down, and then tosses her dagger behind her back. I watch in fascination as it spins in the air, and lands precisely on the chain that holds Mari, Asher, James, and Cyprian to the wall. Loïc's eyes widen, and Zoë smirks. Mari, Asher, and James rush forwards and engage in combat with Loïc, all at a time. Cyprian, instead, rushes over to me. 

"Cy! I'm fine," I complain, but, of course, he doesn't listen to me. 

"No, you're not. Sing again, it'll fix your leg. Meanwhile, I'm making sure Loïc doesn't try to kill you," he states. Then, he smiles a little. "Plus, I'm horrible at combat."

I huff. "Fine." I wrack my mind for a song, and start singing the first one that pops into my head. Its happy, which is weird, but I'll take it: Fire n' Gold, by Bea Miller. "Like an astronaut that's scared of heights," I start, watching the battle in front of me as I continue.

Loïc is strong and powerful, but no match for Zoë, Mari, Asher, and James. They're unstoppable. I watch Loïc's face as I sing, trying not to laugh as it turns from superiority to confusion to fear. Serves him right. Suddenly, a searing pain in my leg informs me that I'm almost done healing it. 

"Baby we were born with fire n' gold in our eyes," I sing loudly, forgetting that everyone is listening. "Got lightning in a bottle, hands on the throttle, even in the dust we shine, with fire n' gold in our eyes!"

Pain.

Leg's healed. 

I jump up into action, scaring the living daylights out of Cyprian. "Lets go," I say. Cyprian nods uneasily, but joins me in the battle field.

After what seems like forever, James got him. Using the same idea I had earlier, he smashed Loïc's skull with the butt of his sword, sending the siren to the floor, unconscious. 

Reyna and Rose straighten, and then relax.

"Wh-What happe-MMPH?" starts Reyna, end of the sentence muffled.

By James' lips.