Zoë ~ 71

"Where are we going?" James asks, following Bianca, Cyprian, and I with Reyna on his hand.

"Adrien," Bianca says.

Rose, Asher, Mari, and Lyla Underwood follow us too, glaring at Adrien with identical looks of hatred.

When we reach Adrien, he looks at us apologetically. Before he can say anything, however, Bianca slaps him in the face.

"You! Ohh, I have a few things to say to you, you little-" Bianca yells.

Cyprian calmly covers her mouth and muffles the next few things she says, but her eyes burn into Adrien's. When she finishes, Cyprian slaps Adrien too.

Adrien staggers backwards. "I'm so sorry about everything. I was under the-" he starts, but Rose kicks him in the shins, causing him to wince.

"Under the curse?" I ask, bewildered.

Adrien nods. "Yes. I'm really sor-" Reyna punches him in the gut, and he yelps.

"Guys, hear him out," I protest.

"Hmm," Asher says. "Nah." Asher punches Adrien in the face, and Mari slaps him.

"All good?" asks Adrien, nose dripping with blood.

"Yup," Mari says cheerfully, and takes Lyla's hand. "Bye now!" The gang walks off, occasionally calling cruel things back to Adrien.

Adrien looks at me helplessly. "Wow," he says.

I laugh. "Yeah. They're a little upset about what happened," I explain.

"A little?" Adrien asks, eyebrows raised. "But anyways, I'm really sorry. I was affected by the curse, and I didn't mean to say anything I did."

I nod. "It's fine. I forgive you, and I think they will too once they hear the whole story," I say.

Adrien looks a little relieved. "Okay, thanks. Hey- who's that? He's coming over here," he asks, looking at someone over my shoulder. I turn around.

Andrew.

"Hey, Zoë," Andrew says.

I sigh. "Hello, Andrew," I reply.

"I missed you," he says.

"That's great," I reply.

"No, really. I was worried you were going to die, I mean, I wasn't there to protect you, and-" he rambles, but I cut him off.

"Excuse me?!" I exclaim. "'Protect me'? Do I look like I need protecting?"

Andrew looks at me, baffled. "Well, you're a girl. You can't do anything without a guy to help y-"

I slap him. "Just because I'm a girl it doesn't mean anything," I seethe.

Adrien nods beside me. "I've seen what she and her friends can do, and you should be afraid, dude. VERY afraid," he warns.

"No, not really. They're all just a bunch of girls," Andrew shrugs.

Beside me, Adrien mouths very afraid.

"He's right. I can do anything you can. You're just being sexist," I frown.

Andrew furrows his eyebrows, and looks from me to Adrien. "So what you're saying is you're dumping me for him," he says.

I flush, but glare at Andrew. "What?! You think I can't do anything without a BOY?! You're right, though," I snap. Beside me, Adrien's eyes widen and he blushes. "I'm breaking up with you. I don't need a boy."

Is it just my imagination, but did Adrien's shoulder sag?

"Yeah," Adrien says. "She's perfectly capable."

"She's a GIRL! They can't do anyth-" Andrew stops because both Adrien and I punch him in the jaw. Andrew slumps to the ground, unconscious.

"Thanks," I say.

"Don't mention it," Adrien says, smiling at me. "He doesn't know what he's talking about."

I grin. "No he doesn't," I reply.

Suddenly, someone calls, "Zoë! Time to go!"

It's mom.

I turn around, and see my parents beckoning me. I glance back at Adrien. "Text me next time you're coming to camp," I say, scrawling my number on a slip of paper and handing it to him. With a small wave, I leave him standing with the paper and walk towards my parents.

"Bye, guys!" I call, waving to my friends.

"Bye!" Mari calls, standing with Lyla.

"See you soon!" Bianca exclaims, holding Cyprian's hand.

"Toodles!" Reyna laughs, smiling up at James.

"Bye, Zoë!" Rose and Asher call together.

I laugh, and wave at them. Then, I walk over to my parents. "Time to go?" I ask.

Annabeth nods. "Time to go."

As we leave Camp Half Blood and walk towards the car, Percy glances wistfully back.

Annabeth pecks his cheek. "We'll come back soon," she says. Then, her eyes locked on something in my hair. "Zoë? Is that..." she sighed.

"What?" I ask, confused. Then, I remember the gray streak I got from Atlas and grin. "Sorry."

Percy smiles. "Now we all have one!" he exclaims, waving his gray strand.

I laugh. "Yeah!"

Annabeth sighs but smiles too. "I love you guys."

"I love you too," Percy and I say in unison.

And with that, we walk towards the sunset- and the car- not looking back.

The End~