C.20~ Something's Gotta Give

I started laughing the minute we pulled up to Diana's.

I had known of the club for as long as I can remember, Brice had always said he'd get hammered there on his twenty-first birthday.

"Why are you laughing?" Xavier asked beside me, pulling his shirt off. The laughter quickly died in my throat when he revealed his body to me. This is the first time I have ever seen him shirtless and he's staring at me like I'm a complete nutcase.

"Are you a stripper?" I asked. I mean, he was the perfect person to be one. He had a great body, not quite a six pack, but pretty close. His skin was even gorgeous, not a bruise or anything anywhere.

"A stripper?" He reached for his shirt in the backseat as he laughed.

"Well, are you?" I repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"Occasionally." He admitted, "I'm actually a bartender here, sweetheart. My boss hired me because he knew that I wouldn't drink all the alcohol. He sometimes asks me to fill in for someone." I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my mouth.

"What's so funny?" He narrowed his eyes as he slid a black V-neck over his head. I held up a finger, signaling him to wait a second so I could calm down.

"Why didn't you tell me you were a stripper?" It sounded so weird.

"I'm not a stripper, Bea. I'm a bartender, and no one needs to know about this, all right? It's against the law for me to even be working here. Now come on." He got out of the car and walked around it, opening the door for me. I climbed out, shaking my head in amusement as I joined him outside.

"How are we supposed to get in? We're only eighteen." I finally asked, taking his outstretched hand.

"I work here. I have my ways." He responded, pulling me against him.

You would have thought that a club wouldn't be very crowded on Christmas Eve, but the place was packed. By the time we were actually in the building, Xaiver had slipped his hand around my waist and was holding me against him tightly.

"My parents would flip if they knew I was here." I said into his ear. He laughed, dragging me toward where a middle aged bartender stood, talking to some redhead.

"Xai! Hey, little dude! Is this your girl?" The man asked the minute we appeared in front of the bar. Xai walked around and gave him a weird man hug before joining me.

"Yeah. Dale this is my girlfriend, Beatrice. Bea, this is my boss Dale." Xaiver was grinning at the man in front of us as he wiped the counter down.

"You want anything, boy? Coke, Dr. Pepper. . ."

"It's Christmas, Dale. At least let me have a beer." Xaiver joked, but to my surprise Dale slid a beer in front of him and handed me a water bottle.

"Thanks." I whispered. I knew he couldn't hear me over the music, but I hoped he could read my lips. After a few sips I came to the horrible realization that I had to go to the bathroom.

"Xai." I nudged him with my elbow, giving him a worried look, "I have to pee." He laughed, setting the beer bottle down. He nodded toward the back of the club.

"I don't want to go by myself." I added quickly. He looked a little confused for a second, but seemed to understand why.

"All right. Well, we'll see you later man!" He yelled at Dale before leading me toward the bathroom. We pushed through a couple that were nearly tearing each other's clothes off and stopped in front of the girls bathroom. I stared at the door blankly, my heart racing.