Prologue

The perfect high school experience. Many kids I've known have dwelled on trying to make their high school experience as great as it could possibly be. Whether this be having the most friends, going to the most parties, getting the best grades, or just being around people you like, everyone has it different.

I feel like starting grade 12, I've already been through it all, I'm an expert at managing high school. I know all the secrets, like why the closet on the second floor remains locked, where the seniors go to at lunch, and why Principal McCarr wears a hat on Fridays. Stuff like this came with being in grade 12. The older we got, the more knowledgable we became.

I feel like my high school experience has been perfect. I'm starting senior year on a clean slate, just like every year. I know many people had different versions on what a perfect high school experience could be, but I truly believe that mine is perfect. Five of my eight courses this year are at the AP level. I earned pretty good grades every year in AP level courses, so I only saw it fit to continue what I was doing.

I'm also the elected grade 12 student body president. I didn't really have a distinct friend group that I was close with, but I was pretty friendly with everyone in my grade and throughout the school. I think that's really important in school- to be nice to everyone. It opens up numerous opportunities, and it just feels like the right thing to do.

As if I'm not already busy enough, I've been apart of almost every club in the school. School in general is truly fun for me. In order for my high school experience to be perfect, I feel like getting involved counts for a big portion of it. This year I was planning on cutting down on a bit so that my grades would improve, hopefully increasing my chances of going to a great university.

All of my decisions throughout high school so far have been made with consideration of university. I had many plans on different schools I wanted to go to, but I didn't have a dream school. I had made a list of universities I wouldn't mind going to when I was a freshman, and I've stuck to this list.

I was excited to start senior year. I was excited to begin with a new and improved me. I was excited to see what the future would hold for me, Taylor Delaney.

——

hey guys! so this is a new story i'm starting up called slapshot. it's gonna be a hockey based teen fiction.

as i'm writing this, i've only ever read one hockey story on wattpad so far but i'm really excited for this book because i'm such a big hockey fan.

i wanted to name this slapshot, firstly because i wanted the name to be a hockey term, and also because it comes into play later in this book, the term is an important one. when i looked up the title "slapshot" on wattpad, a bunch of results came up, which obviously sucks. however, i know this book will be great, so please don't judge it because of a cliche name.

i'm a big NHL fan, but this book will not necessarily contain many NHL references, just because it is a teen fiction book. however i've managed to slip a few in which will come into play later, but if you've never watched a game in the NHL, it won't make a difference.

characters:

taylor delaney; student class president

jonathan merritt, hockey captain

taylor and jonathan are the main characters, the POV in this chapter was taylor's, and next chapter's POV is jonathan

taylor and jonathan are the main characters, the POV in this chapter was taylor's, and next chapter's POV is jonathan. here are the secondary/supporting characters:

tom caper - brant daugherty

kate shafer - kaya scodelario

jake trevino - colton haynes

braden kerr - alex pettyfer

that's it :) i'll add more if they come up! thanks for reading, make sure to vote and comment if you're excited, and i'll be posting chapter one soon <3