Chapter 15: Hurt

Jonathan's POV

I was sat outside against the school wall, upset. I hadn't been able to take the car to school today because I had run out of gas, and I forgot to tell my dad that the practice was moved from yesterday to today, so there was no way he could leave work.

I was stuck here for the time being. I consider taking a bus, calling a taxi, calling an Uber, but I have no money on me. I consider calling Maria, but she didn't have a car.

Taylor's car was sat in the parking lot, and I consider texting her, but I didn't know how long she'd be talking to Coach Jamie. As of right now, she was my only hope, so I decided to text her.

Me: hey how much longer do you think you'll be? think you can give me a ride home?

I sigh, staying in my spot as I waited for her reply. Even if she didn't check her phone, she'd come this way to leave the school, so I'd still see her and be able to ask her in person.

Taylor: sure no problem, i'm just gonna finish changing

I was relieved to say the least, or else I'd have to walk home. I took some earbuds out of my bag and plugged them into my phone to kill some time.

I feel someone kick at my leg, so I open my eyes, looking up. Braden was standing in front of me, looking angry. I take out my earbuds, upset to see him.

"You're such a pussy, oh my god." he yells at me.

I roll my eyes. "What's up your ass?" I ask him.

"Get up." he rolls his eyes. "I don't know how you live with yourself, knowing you're such an asshole, god." he says. He looks really angry.

I groan, standing up. "What are you talking about?" I ask.

"You're a pussy, a timid, loser, dumbass pussy." he shouts at me, and before I can comprehend what he's saying, his fist connects with my cheek, hard.

"Oh my god, what the fuck's wrong with you?" I yell. I couldn't will myself to show any pain, or else he'd think he won. My ego is way too big to show any weakness against Braden Kerr.

He doesn't even look phased, his face is still contorted into a look of deep anger. "That one's for Taylor. And this one's for me." he says, punching my cheek again, but this time a lot harder. So hard that my head's slammed against the brick wall behind me, pain shooting through my head.

"You're fucking mental." I say, wincing. I reach my hand back to touch the back of my head, and it comes back bloody. At least, I think it's blood. I can't see straight.

"You and Maria are next." he says, shaking his head as he walks off.

I'm so confused, confused with whatever the fuck he's talking about and why he punched me twice. Fuck. That actually really hurt.

I bring one hand to my cheek, wincing at the pain it felt to even touch it. I bring my other hand to the back of my head and suddenly everything's spinning. I've got to sit down.

"Hey Jonathan." I hear someone call, it was Taylor.

I opened my eyes, wincing again and I could see her walking towards me. She was crying, I think.

"What's wrong? Did Braden hurt you?" I ask, immediately thinking of the worst possible scenario.

"Hurt me? No..." she says. Her eyes meet mine and they widen. They look at my cheek, my face, my bloody hand, and the blood stained wall behind me.

"Jonathan, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Holy crap." she breathes. "What the hell happened to you? Are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?"