Chapter 30: You Love Me?

Jonathan's POV

Two weeks today. I was far past crazy.

Maria was over at my house. I couldn't have sex with her today, not this time.

She was sat in front of me, on my bed, legs crossed. I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, adoring her face. She wasn't paying attention to me, on her phone instead.

"Turn that off." I mumbled, frowning.

She pressed the off button, giving me a look as she put her phone on the bed beside us. "It's Friday night. What are we doing?" I asked.

"I have plans." She said.

"You have plans? What are you doing?" I question. I didn't really think she had other friends.

"Going to the movies." She smiled.

"Okay..." I said. I think things have been a bit different in my relationship with Maria recently. Not only have I been pushing her away the last couple of days because of Taylor, but I've noticed her pushing me away, too. She never wanted to hang out, simple stuff like this. I had to force her to come over today after school. All she wanted from me was sex.

She looked up at me, a twinkle in her eye as she leaned forward and kissed me, then giggling against my lips. "Jonathan." She said. "You have such nice lips."

"Uh... thanks." I say. She leans back, grabbing her phone and texting someone. I'd had it.

"Maria, honestly, what's been up with you?" I ask, pulling away from her. "You've been acting so differently."

She looks up from her phone, now putting it down. "Huh? No I have not."

I roll my eyes. "I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Obviously I don't know why, but I'm here to talk if you need anything." I've definitely noticed her not being as close with me. I don't know what it was - family problems, homesickness, school issues. Whatever it was, obviously I'd help her through it.

She just stares at me, looking sad. Her phone lights up again, and her eyes shoot to it. This time my eyes almost fucking roll out of my head, and I snatch her phone instead. "Why are you so invested in this? I just wanted some reassurance about our relationship but you can't even give me that." I say.

She frowns. "Give me my phone back."

I look at her phone, a message from a number I don't know. 'Yeah lol just let me know when you have to be home and i'll bring you back'.

"Who's this?" I narrow my eyes at her.

"Jonathan..." She says.

"Who are you texting that's so important?" I spit.

"Braden." She says simply.

"What?" I shout. "Are you fucking serious?"

"Can you calm down?" She asks.

"What does this even mean? I want to see the conversation." I say. God I was angry.

"No." She takes her phone back.

"He's taking you home? Is this what your Friday night plans are?" I spit out at her.

"Jonathan, shush, please." She begs, looking worried.

"Why do you even talk to him? I can't stand him, Maria." I ask, my head in my hands.

"He said I was pretty—"

"Oh my fucking—!"

"Let me talk." She insists loudly. "He said I was pretty, and wanted to hang out one night—,"