Chapter 23: Cameron

Jonathan's POV

"Meet me at the front doors, I just got to school." I say into the phone, hanging up. I pull my backpack on higher, stepping inside. I leaned against the wall, waiting until I saw Tom.

"Why did you even come in?" He asks when he sees me. The both of us start walking, in the direction of the rink, our meeting spot.

"I'm not about to miss another week of school. I'll just stay for the rest of the day." I say. I had driven to school today at the start of lunch, planning to stay for my last few periods.

"What happened at the appointment?" He asks.

I scoff. "They got mad at me. I didn't do too good of a job... I'm not cleared for any physical activity, not cleared for school. She told me to stop watching movies and using my phone, too." I say.

"Not cleared for school?" Tom says, giving me a blank look.

"I called this morning, since it's been a few days." I say. Today was Wednesday, and I went for the appointment Saturday. "She said I can come, just take it easy, that shit."

"Okay, first, calm down." Tom says, giving me a strange look. The doctor changed my pills on Saturday, and these new ones were making me act differently.

"Sorry." I mumbled. We were almost at the rink doors now, so I walked ahead, pulling open the door. Right when I walked in I heard voices, so I looked back at Tom, confused. There was nobody on the ice, or on the bench. I looked up at the bleachers, and there, sitting on the top bench, was Taylor and Sweeney.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I asked Tom, my eyes rolling. "Y'all took our meeting spot, that's cool. You guys are fucking cute, though." I shouted, sending a sweet smile their way as I turned around.

"Jonathan!" She said back in her soft voice. I was about to leave, yet I heard the clonking of her stupid crutches. I groaned, turning back around to find her slowly climbing down the bleachers.

"What?" I asked, peering around her to see fucking Cameron on his phone, still sitting at the top.

"What's wrong?" She asked softly, finally meeting me at the bottom. She put her hand on my shoulder to steady herself.

"Nothing." I dismiss, turning back to see Tom still at the door, looking at me. "What are you guys doing?"

"We're just doing some functions work. He wanted to go somewhere quiet so that nobody would see us, so I suggested coming here." She says, still keeping her voice down. "Are you okay? Why didn't you answer any of my texts? And why are you at school?"

"I'm fine, I just shouldn't be using my phone. The doctor said I could come today, only if I'm taking it easy, though." I tell her.

"That's good." She says.

"I got new meds, they're making me a little ..." I trail off, not knowing what to say.

"It's okay." She chuckles. "Do you wanna stay? I wanted to talk to you." She says, pointing back to where she was sitting.

"I'm sorry, I can't stay around him, especially if I'm supposed to be taking it easy and I'm on new stuff." I say, making her laugh. "Just call me, I'll see you around." I say. She nods, so I turn and walk back to the door.

"Oh my god." I mumble as Tom opens the door and we both leave.

"Tom, I swear to god, why is she everywhere?" I ask him. I think he knows what I mean, because he just chuckles.

"You have an internal magnet that attracts you to her." He jokes, and I roll my eyes.

"What am I supposed to do? Just be really mean so that she'll stop talking to me? I don't think I can do that." I say. We were now approaching the cafeteria, where, of course I forgot to bring a lunch. I wasn't even hungry anyway.