Chapter 34: Finally

Taylor's POV

Oh, man. I was still too nervous, way too nervous. I had driven to school today, the first time that I've driven in a while. My parents didn't want me driving with the boot on, but since I got it off, I assumed I'd be allowed today. I probably should've asked, especially because today I was driving my mom's white Range Rover. It's alright, she was in Morocco at the moment, she'd never know.

The game had just ended, Jonathan was probably still changing. Even so, I didn't want to show up at his house right away. I didn't want to look desperate.

What if I just didn't go? I didn't really have to, I was only doing this for myself. But in a way I kind of did have to, I needed to talk to Jon. I needed the closure that I've been waiting for for almost a week. I needed to hear things for myself.

I decided to go through the drive thru at McDonald's and buy myself a coffee. Even still, I had only wasted about 5 minutes. I parked the car in the lot and called Cameron.

"Hey." He said once he picked up.

"Are you busy? I have to talk." I say, hoping he was free to speak after the game he had just played. 

"Uh, no. What's up?" He replied. I was going to tell him everything that had happened with Jonathan. At least the story was long, I'd waste some time.

I made sure to spare no details, even telling him about my talks with Tom. He stayed quiet through it all, and since I couldn't see his face, I wasn't able to tell what he was thinking.

When I was done, he made a noise that sounded somewhat like a sigh. "And what'd you say you were doing now?" He asks.

"I was gonna go visit him, talk to him for the first time since last Friday." I say.

"What were you going to talk about?" Cam asks.

"I'm not sure. I was just gonna see how it goes." I admit.

"Taylor, listen." Cam sighs. "The whole situation sounds weird to me, especially because I didn't expect it in a million years." Yeah, me neither. "But the worst thing you can do for his ego is to lead him on. So please be careful what you say."

"Oh, I know Cam. I just don't really know how I feel." I frown.

"That's not good." He chuckles. "How do you plan to find out?"

"I'm not sure. I'll let him know that I'm a bit confused, though." I check the time and realize we've been talking for about 20 minutes. It was time for me to go. "I'll talk to you later, Cam, I think I'm going to go now."

"Good luck." Cameron said, and I breathed a deep breath before hanging up. I turned up the music to distract myself as I drove to Jonathan's house.

I was happy to see Jonathan's car in his driveway, at least he was home. I took another sip of the coffee, getting out of my car and taking my crutches.

I carefully made my way up the snowy path and to his door. I bid myself good luck as I knocked three times, setting my crutches against the wall as I put my weight on my good foot.

The door took awhile to open, Cathy on the other side. "Oh. Hi." She said, looking surprised to see me.

"Hi. Can I talk to your brother?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'll go call him." She says, disappearing for a second. I hear her yell "Jonathan, your friend's at the door for you!" and after about thirty seconds, he comes to the door. His eyes widen, he was definitely not expecting me.

"Hey." He said softly, moving forward so he could close the door behind him, giving us more privacy.

"Hi." I say, my voice not loud either.