Chapter 21: Urgent

Jonathan's POV

I was laying on my bed, Jax curled at my feet as I waited for Tom to answer his goddamn phone. Finally, on the third call, he picked up. "What happened?" He asks.

"Are you on spare now?" I say into the phone.

"Yes, but I'm studying." Tom says.

"Can you come over?" I ask. Tom was supposed to come over after school ended, but I cannot stop thinking, and I need to rant.

"What? Why now?" He asks.

"Because, I can't stop thinking! And thinking is bad for me, so you better come right now." I tell him. God, was I ever nervous.

"I'm in the car right now. I swear, if I fail this test..." He says.

"Front door's open." I hang up the phone after, greeted with a picture of Maria, my wallpaper. I shout, throwing my phone across the room.

"Fuck." I mumble, standing up and realizing that was a bad idea. I retrieve it from the floor, happy to see there's no cracks.

Maybe I should just change my wallpaper... No. Why would I? She's my girlfriend. But if I can't stop feeling like this...

God. My head was physically killing right now. I couldn't stop thinking about this all morning, and at 11am, it's been a pretty long time. Strenuous brain activity is bad for me right now, so I swear, if Tom isn't here soon...

I move to sit on my bed again, holding my hands out to rub Jax's head. "Please, help me." I groan. What the hell am I supposed to do?

After what feels like ages of me just sitting on my bed staring at the wall, I hear the door open, and footsteps up the stairs.

"I haven't seen you in days, and I have to urgently talk to you, and you take your time coming over?" I say to Tom once he steps in.

"I have news for you too." He says, a humorous look on his face. Fuck.

"Was Maria at school today?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I saw her this morning." He says.

"She was away yesterday and the day before. Did you notice?" I ask.

"I noticed at practice yesterday. We all did." He tells me. I'm trying not to think about the one thing I can't stop thinking about.

"She was at my house..." I start.

"She was here? All day, Tuesday and Wednesday?" He asks.

I nod. I pause for a second before continuing. I can't even make eye contact with him "We had sex."

Tom immediately jumps off the bed. "What the hell? Really?" I couldn't read his expression.

"Why aren't you happy for me?" I say. "You're supposed to be happy so that I know I didn't make a mistake." The words come out rushed.

"I don't know, Jon..." He trails off.

"I swear to god if you're not happy because of this one reason I'm thinking of..." I say, covering my face. But I can practically hear the smirk on his face. Fuck.

"What's this reason?" He asks. I look up. I was right, there's the smug grin, front and centre.

I can't look anymore, I cover my eyes once again. "Why'd you do it?" He asks.

"What do you mean, she's my girlfriend, that's why." I say.

"It was mutual?" He asks.

"I guess, she's wanted to do it for awhile, and I just gave in." I say. He finally sits back down on the bed, inspecting where he was sitting. We did do it on this bed, for crying out loud.