Chapter 24: Sketchy

Jonathan's POV

Right as the final bell rang, my phone began to vibrate in my pocket. I took it out, seeing Taylor's name. I answer the call. "Hello?"

"Hey, uh can you meet me? I haven't stopped thinking about stuff, I just wanna talk." She says. Her voice sounds worried and rushed.

"You wanna meet right now?" I ask to clarify.

"Yeah, just meet me at the front of the school when you can." She says, then hangs up. Well then, that was weird.

Going to my locker would be useless, since I really wasn't going to do any homework tonight anyway. School wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I was just really tired all day. Maybe my habit of sleeping 4 times a day was beginning to be a problem.

I made my way outside and to the front of the school, spotting Taylor almost immediately. She was leaning against a wall, looking very out of place with the multiple students walking by, trying to go home for the day.

She spots me, too, trying to walk over. "I don't think we should talk out here. Too many people." She says once she reaches me.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked, confused.

"Do you mind driving me home? Maybe we can talk then." She says.

"I don't mind." I tell her, "C'mon." I lead the way to my car parked in the back of the lot, making sure to walk slow as to not make her feel bad with her foot.

"What's up?" I finally ask when we get in the car. "You're acting weird." I tell her.

"I know.." She trails off. She wouldn't even look at me. Oh no. "I was talking with Cameron today, you saw, and just, I don't know... It was weird."

"Weird how?" I ask, starting the car and backing out of the parking lot.

"He was asking so many questions. At first I didn't think anything of it, but the way he worded stuff, the kind of stuff he was asking... I don't know, it was just weird." She shakes her head.

"It sounds like you're overanalyzing your conversation." I say, finally on the main road.

"I don't know..." She trails off again. I wait for her to keep talking, but she looks nervous? That's weird, I'm supposed to be the one feeling nervous around her.

After a few moments of silence, she finally looks at me. "Did you and Maria have sex?" She blurts out. Oh god.

"Huh?" I reply. I almost stomped on the brake at that one, completely not expecting that question.

"Did you?" She asks. I couldn't even look at her.

"Why are you asking me this?" I say, keeping my eyes focused straight ahead.

"I just..." She sighs. "Cameron said something about it."

"What? Why the hell would he say something like that?" I say, hoping we could change the subject.

"I told you, he was acting weird. He said he's Braden's friend, but he didn't even know we were dating. And he just asked a lot of questions about you throughout lunch, kind of like he didn't like you." She tells me.

"He already doesn't like me." I chuckle. I hope he knows that the feeling's mutual.

"He asked me a lot if I miss Braden and stuff..." Taylor says, her voice shaky. "And, like, about the Maria thing... He said he didn't know who you were before today, but apparently he's heard so much about you." She says.

I thought that maybe she was overreacting, but she seemed really determined. "His story just didn't add up, y'know?" She asks.

I glanced at her from the corner of my eyes. "Why are you telling me this? Do you suspect something?" I asked her.