Chapter 35: Interrupted

Jonathan's POV

I walked back into my house with the biggest fucking grin on my face.

"What happened?" Cathy asked.

"Nothing." I say, walking past her.

"Then why do you look so happy?" She asked weirdly.

"I'm not." I say innocently, trying to hide the smile on my face.

"Jonathan." She groaned.

"Shush. I don't have to tell you everything," I dismissed her, walking up the stairs.

"But I like Taylor." She whined.

"Yeah, me too." I chuckled, entering my room and closing the door behind me. I lay down on the bed, not being able to get the ugly smile off my face.

I grabbed my phone off my bed and called Tom. He answered right away. "Hey, what's up?" He said.

"Would you believe me if I told you I kissed Taylor?" I asked.

"Uh.... Yeah. I probably would." He said, not seeming phased.

"Would you believe me if I told you that she kissed me?" There I was, fucking smiling again.

"Wait, what?" Now he sounded interested.

"Would you believe me if I told you that both things happened, just ten minutes ago?" I said.

"Cut to the fucking chase, what are you talking about?" He said, sounding urgent.

"She came over. And she kissed me." I said, cutting it short.

"Seriously? Why?" He asked.

"I don't know, she said she needed to figure some things out, decide how she's feeling." I say.

"Oh. I would not have expected that." Tom said.

"Yeah, I didn't expect it either. It just kinda happened." I say.

"And you're still happy?" Tom said with a laugh.

"Well, yeah, because now I know that she likes me back." I say.

He sounded confused. "Huh? Did she say that?"

"No, but trust me, just the way she was acting, I could tell." I say, and the second she left, I knew this was true. "The way she looked at me, the things she was saying, it was obvious. Then she kissed me and acted completely shocked."

"Shit, Jon." Tom replied with a small laugh. "You realize she's definitely gonna tell me about this. Recently, she's enjoyed confiding in me, and I have no clue why."

"I think she'll tell Cameron." I say, sitting up.

"Is that a good thing?"

"Well I think he might like me now. He stepped into a fucking fight for me today, for crying out loud."

"Yeah, that's true. I told you he wasn't that bad." Tom said. I scoffed lightly. We continued talking for a bit longer about the game before parting. I stayed laying on my bed, not able to stop smiling for the rest of the night. 

——

Taylor's POV

Cameron told me he'd be late to school today. He begged me to tell him about last night, but I said it was a better story to tell in person, so he'd have to wait until I could explain face to face.

When I wasn't doing my homework last night, I was freaking out. I tended to over think a lot whenever something happened, and I definitely had trouble focusing on anything last night because of this. I worried it'd haunt me until I did something to stop it. Which is why when I spotted Jonathan at his locker Thursday morning, I decided to walk over to him.