Chapter 27: About Last Night

Taylor's POV

I hobbled into school, feeling like complete shit. I felt like everybody that I passed in the halls could tell that I was hungover, however that was unrealistic.

I got to my locker, feeling like I could've fallen asleep. I wish I was wearing sunglasses, it was way too bright in here. My eyes kept fluttering, I was so tired.

"Hey." I hear a familiar voice beside me. I swung my locker open, turning to see it was Cameron. I held a hand on the locker beside mine to steady myself.

"How are you feeling?" He asks me.

I roll my eyes. "Sucky." I say. "How about you?"

"I'm fine." He dismisses. "You were crazy." He chuckles.

"Don't remind me. I'm sorry if I said anything weird." I say, knowing full well I could've said something inappropriate without remembering.

"You weren't bad. Just very entertaining." He smiles. "I liked the part where you danced for me." He laughs out loud this time and I can feel my face heating up.

"Oh my god." I say, closing my locker and groaning as I turned the other way. I grabbed my crutches and we began to walk in the direction of my class.

"We both agree that the kiss was for fun?" I ask, trying to keep my voice down in the crowded hallways.

"Yeah, don't worry." He nods. I look up at him, his blond hair falling perfectly like always. I remember when I first met him and he told me he was good at kissing, he wasn't wrong. It was definitely my favourite part of the night, though, but I wouldn't admit it.

"So how are your classes?" He changes the subject. "I asked the other day but you wouldn't answer me."

I try and look the other way to avoid eye contact, and shrug. "Okay. My marks just aren't the same."

"Really?" He sounds very shocked. "Is it because of me? Because you're spending so much time tutoring me?"

"No, no." I quickly dismiss. "I'm just feeling stressed, with everything going on." I explain.

He sighs. "That makes me feel bad. You would've had more time to study if you weren't always helping me out."

"Don't say that." I tell him. "I enjoy helping you." We were almost at my class now.

He sighs, stopping in front of my door. "If you're ever stressed out, let me know. My aunt's a therapist, I know how to deal with this stuff."

"Okay." I smile.

He takes off my backpack from around his shoulder and hands it to me. "I'll see you later." He says, and I nod, walking into my homeroom class.

——

Jonathan's POV

I tightened up my skates in the change room quietly, trying to drown out the buzz of everybody around me. I had definitely been feeling different lately, and the last thing I wanted was for that to show in my ability to play. I feel like my concussion was 100% healed by now, so that couldn't be the reason why. I honestly didn't know what it was.

I walked out onto the ice, the first person on like usual. I skated a few laps to warm up and get loose, trying to go faster and faster. A few people started making their way on the ice, and I began to stretch. Coach Jamie was usually the last on one, so we all had some time to warm up separately.

Looking around, I noticed Fucking Braden and Sweeney talking a few feet away from me. They weren't warming up, just standing there. They were the closest ones to me and talking quite loudly. I moved a little bit closer to them while still stretching, trying not to blow my cover.