1

Lindsey

So! It's the month of August and today starts off the first day of my senior year. I lowkey can't wait! My friend Skyler, who is staying with my mom and I after her parents passed in a car crash, informed me that there are a lot of new students.

I mean it's whatever. We get new students every year, but she said this batch of new kids are actually attractive.

I woke at about six thirty and took a shower while listening to some music to wake myself up a little bit. I put on some denim jeans, a blue polo V-neck, and my white high top converse. Nothing serious for today because I already know everyone's gonna being out their best outfits so I ain't gon do it to them today.

I put on some makeup and untwisted my natural hair and fluffed it out.

My mom came into my room and told me that she was leaving for work and wished me good luck today. I love that woman.

Skipping downstairs and into the kitchen, I fixed me a bowl of yogurt with some granola. "Fuck. I forgot my bookbag." I went back upstairs to get my book bag, phone and car keys.

"Alriight, let's riiide!" Skyler exclaimed as we walked down the stairs and into the garage.

I laughed so hard I couldn't even make it to the car. I felt second hand embarrassment because she's just so corny.

"So, what do you think this year will consist of?" She asked while I pulled out the drive way on the way to school.

"Shit I don't know," I started, "I know it's gonna be a bunch of useless drama. Every school year has to deal with that."

I pulled up at a red light and fixed my natural curly hair. I take my hair serious. I'm thinking about getting a sew in soon though because I get tired of having to twist my hair every night.

5 minutes later

We pulled up at school and walked inside. It's all surreal. I'm officially a senior. Walking into the school knowing that it's my last year felt amazing. All I gotta do is get through and then boom. No more of this typical high school bullshit.

We walked to my locker and put some books in and then Skyler left to go find her first period.

"Hey, um.. do you know whea' Mr. Jones class is?"

I looked up and believe me when I say I saw a snack. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of cute dudes that go here, but he didn't look like the average dude that lived out here you know? Like you know how you can look at someone and tell they aren't from around your area?

"Yeah, I'm about to go to his class right now, just walk with me."

He started to smile and I smiled back. No need in trying to act like a hard ass when someone's just asking for help.

When we got to the class Mr. Jones stopped the guy immediately and I just went to a seat and pulled out my notebook and my phone and waited until we actually started class.

August

We got inta' Mr. Jones class just as the bell rang and this mothafucka' smilin' like he just got some box.

"You must be August!"

He damn near yelled in my ear. I nodded my head because he already getting' on my last nerves bein' loud in the mornin'.

"Okay, lets find you a seat."

A bunch of girls who was bein' nosey rose their hands tryna get he's approval, but he chose ole' shorty that walked to class wit' me.

"Well Ms. Lindsey, since you're so oblivious to what's going on you have a new partner."

Lindsey was her name, I got to remember that. The funny thing is, she still didn't even pay attention to what the fuck he said because she was still textin' away on her phone. I took my seat next to her and she finally looked up.

"So what's your name?" She asked lookin' up.

"August, and yours?" I asked even though I already knew it.

I'm tryna play it cool. My lame ass.

"I'm Lindsey, so are you from NO? I hear it in your voice."

"Yeeeah mama, I am. I see you know your states, and the accents that come from there," She began to smirk turnin' her head the other way and back to me, "I hear an accent in your voice too, you wouldn't happen to be from Atlanta would you?" I asked causin' her to actually smile.

"Yeah. Haha I guess you know your accents too"

"Well you know..." I shrugged my shoulders.

The bell finally rang, and I gotta go to second period. Lin had already walked out wit' ha' lil crew and I walked out noticin' that she left a her small notebook at her desk.

While walkin' to class, I looked for her to return it, but I couldn't find her so I pushed it through the slit of her locker and left a note with it mentioning we got 4th and 5th period togetha' too.