9

Lindsey

Everyone was chilling at my house, but I just received a text from August saying he wanted us all to come over.

"Ight y'all. August wanted us to come to his house." I said standing up

"Ight, bet" John said never looking up from his phone

Even though they heard me, they still wanted to sit on they ass

"The hell y'all sitting for? Lets go."

We all left my place and headed over, but we picked up some Popeyes on the way.

----

"Hey baybeh, wassup y'all. I want y'all to meet the 504. This is Quest, Cole, Stretch, and Tony." Aug hugged me then took the chicken from me.

We all exchanged hello's then started eating. Good thing I brought a lot of food and some sweet tea.

"Now, lets get to plottin'." August rubbed his hands together. "So y'all gon' get enrolled in our school for a week, which is why I told y'all to have all of ya' records. While y'all hea', we gon' be watchin' him and gettin' to know his typical routine then once we get it we gon' get him."

"Okay so... we gotta go to school? You know what, lets go other it again." Quest asked genuinely confused. I don't know why he's so stupid.

"Quest the fuck you mean go over it again? You gotta be fuckin' kiddin' me." Cole rolled his eyes and threw his trash away.

"Man fuck you. I'll just follow whateva' y'all asses do."

"Good. I'm finna go. I'm tired." Jazmyn yawned and stood up.

"Yeah me too." I stood up and grabbed my jacket. "Bye baby," I kissed him and hugged the guys. "It was nice meeting y'all."

"Whew. That fool was an idiot." Pam said laying in my backseat.

"I know. Y'all tryna go visit Skyler?"

----

"Y'all remember what room she was in?" I asked as we stepped out the elevator.

"It was room 286" Pam said looking at the room numbers on the walls

We walked into the room to see Skyler awake staring out the window.

"Sky..."

"Li? Pam? Jaz? What y'all doin' here?"

"We wanted to see how you were doing," Pam sat on her bed

"Yeah, and we know who shot you." Jazmyn walked closer to her

"I know too. It was Devin. He has about 5 people on y'all."

"Sky, what all do you know about him coming after us, well basically me and August?" I asked trying to get answers to figure everything out.

She sat up a little then drank some water. "I remember him saying that he's gonna stop by August house Sunday night I believe, and take him to some warehouse outside of the city, then torture him."

"I don't know why he won't move on! Like damn! I don't fucking want you!" I paced around Skyler's hospital room. What the fuck am I gonna do? I don't want August to die because of me.

"Look, y'all stay here. Imma go back to August house to talk about this. Love y'all." I stormed out and counted to ten to calm myself down. "You know what, I'ma just go home, take a shower, take a little nap, then go to Aug's." I said to myself.

This is too much.

----

August

Knock knock knock

Who in the hell is knockin' on my do' at 12:00? I ain't asleep, but it ain't the right time to be comin' ova to someone's house.

"Who in the- oh hey baybeh. What you doin' hea'?"

"Aug we need to talk."

Worry was written on her face, I knew she had somethin' that was eatin' her alive. We walked in my livin' room, and faced each other

"What's wrong?" I asked raising my eyebrows

"Well, Devin and five of his guys are planning on coming out here to your house Sunday night, and taking you to some warehouse outside of the city, and torturing you."

"Well, how about I just trick em." I leaned back on the couch.

"I doubt it's that easy baby." She said sighing.

"I hate to say this, but I'ma need you ta' be wit' him."

"I'm not doing that. Hell no." She stood up and I stood up with her.

"Baybeh, you gon' have to."

She started to tear up, and I held her in my arms.

"I know you not gon' want to, but I'ma need you to. Okay? Just know that.. Just know that I love you. No matter what happens I love you."

"I love you too August." She looked up at me.

We shared a long passionate kiss, and then she left.

I really don't wanna see her with him, but if that's what it takes, then I guess I'ma have to face it.