17

August

This is my chance. Right now I really need to be careful about what I say to her.

"Li, let's go" I said softly to her

"Aug. I'm sorry!"

I pulled her into a big hug and she squeezed me tightly. "No, no. I'm sorry. Let's go take you to the hospital then home."

----

Afta' bein' in the hospital fa' hours gettin' my baybeh checked out and speakin' to the police, she was finally able to go later on in the night.

I dropped everyone off and then Lindsey and Skyler.

"Come in. She really needs you. Whether you believe it or not." Skyler said closin' the car do'.

I thought about it, then got out of my car.

I went upstairs into Li's room and she was just sittin' on her bed cryin'. I honestly don't know what to d'. And from what I heard, every girl is different when they cry. So, I did what I thought was right and walked over to her and hugged her. At first she didn't hug back, but then gave in since she knew I wasn't lettin' go.

Lindsey

After pulling away from August, I went into my bathroom and ran a hot bath. When it was finished I got in it and thought:

Why me?

What did I do to deserve this?

Should I even be here?

What if the rest of my life is a bunch of bullshit?

I sank to the bottom of the tub. Maybe this is what's best.

Omniscient

Lindsey's been in the bathroom for a while and August was starting to realize, but he wasn't sure if he should do in mainly because she just got raped and she's very vulnerable.

August sat on the bed contemplating whether he should go in or not. Stressfully rubbing his face he got up and approached the bathroom door.

"Li... Li?"

He opened the bathroom door, and I don't see her anywhere and he started panicking.

August ran over to the side of the bathtub and saw her body in the water. He pulled her out and took her back to her bed.

He did CPR and everything, but she wasn't waking up which was getting him upset. He pushed on her chest one last time, and her eyes fluttered open, and she started coughing up water relieving him.

"August.. Please.. Please don't ever leave me. I'm sorry." She started crying and August wrapped her in her towel, and held her in his arms.

August couldn't see myself living life without her. She was rock. She's everything Without her, he thought what's the use of living?

When she finally went to sleep, he put her bra and underwear on her and tucked her into bed then walked down to Skyler's room.

"Sky, can I ask you somethin'?"

"Umm.. sure wassup?"

"Why did Li hyperventilate like that? Like I know she was raped, but her whole demeanor was off. It just doesn't seem normal."

"Well... Ummm... how do I even start? Lindsey was traumatize when we were 14. She witnessed our bestfriend Kaylee get raped and ever since that she's been terrified but. The more paranoid she became the more her uncle noticed and preyed on her. He used to molest her when she was forced to go to family gathering that her uncle would be attending. She never spoke on it with her mom or her dad, but all the clues where there. She never used to like being in the same room as her. When her parents used to tell her to go say hey to everyone she pleading that they wouldn't make her speak to her uncle."

"Why didn't she tell me this?" I asked scrunchin' my eyebrows together.

"Because she doesn't want people to know! No one knows about this beside me and now you. Her own mom doesn't know. Hell I wouldn't know if I did walk in on her crying and trying to cut herself a few years ago."

"Damn." That was all I could say or think.

"It's just a sensitive topic. We hate bringing it up." Skyler sat back on ha' bed.

I walked out and went back into Li's room and just watched her sleep. She looked worn out, but peaceful at the same time.

"It's not good to stare."She fluttered her eyes open and then closed them again.

"Sorry ma, you're just so beautiful, but I really need to tell you somethin'."

"What?" She moved closer to me, but kept her eyes closed.

"I just wanna apologize for this whole thing. If it wasn't for me, this wouldn't have even happened. I'm sorry. I just never really loved a girl like I do you. I want 'us' again."

She opened her eyes and looked at me with forgivin' eyes.

"If it wasn't for ME overreacting, this wouldn't have happened. And I forgave you immediately when you saved me. I love you too August. You're my everything and I don't really fall for guys this easily."

I leaned over and kissed her with so much passion. I wrapped my arms around her. After about ten minutes, I knew she was asleep because I heard her soft breaths, so I feel asleep too.