2

August

Afta' bein' in these class I'm glad that lunch rolled around so I could take a lil break from these lames and when I say lames I mean this nigga named Devin.

Listen to this nigga talk all class about shit I know he lyin' 'bout started gettin' unda' my skin.

While walkin' to the lunch room, he started walkin' wit' me. Just my luck.

"So where you finna sit man?"

Not wit' yo ass. "I'on know jus yet."

"Well you come find me if you can't find someone."

I walked through the do' while lookin' for a seat, but played it off by actin' like I was on my phone.

"Hey August. Come sit with me."

I turned around and say Lindsey walking around me. "I mean sense you beggin' a nigga."

She playfully rolled her eyes, "boy please you know you don't got nowhere to seat new boy."

She walked next to me and we approached a table with someone already sittin' thea'.

"Sky this is August, Aug this is Sky."

"Wassup?" Sky asked takin' a bite outta her pizza.

"Nothin, just chillin'. I was walkin' wit' that group ova' thea' befo' Lindsey got me," I said pointin' at Devin and them otha niggas, "but they lame as shit."

Sky, Lin and I started laughin'. We talked about a lot of shit. We pointed out all the ugly niggas and bitches, all the thots everythin'. They real cool to kick it wit'.

When lunch was over, I gave Sky a hug and gave Lindsey a lingerin' hug.

Lindsey

I know Sky's gonna say something about that. We walked to third period and saw the teacher Mr. Thomas sleepin' at his damn desk. How you the teacher and you sleepin' on the first day? But he's been workin' for this school since forever, so he get away with a lot.

"I told you y'all were gonna get together." Skyler antagonizing ass said.

"We ain't even together. All the dude did was give me a hug. You forget I don't know him."

"Yet."

We laughed in unison then eventually Mr. Thomas finally wokeup and began teaching once the bell rung, but I zoned out thinking.

*Buzz* my phone vibrated

Sky: Stop thinking about August and pay attention to the lesson!!

I looked to my left and flicked her off and then took some notes.

----

6th period. Team Sports or Gym

The real crew was in gym class right now. I have my 2 guy best friends John and Calvin, and my girls Pam, Skyler, and Jazmyn. All we were missing was August. Skyler's gossiping ass told them about August and I's hug making it more than what it seemed. They were shocked I was actually giving the dude a chance to speak to me.

"He seem chill as fuck from what I'm hearin'," John said nodding his head

"Yeah forreal. He need to hurry his ass up and get here. We out numbered with y'all asses." Calvin said checkin' his phone

"Isn't this cute! Lin and Aug sittin in a tree K I S S-" Pam started

"Shut all that shit up. Sky, lets go find him. Knowing him, he lost." I laughed getting up.

We told the coach that we were getting something from the locker room outside the gym and he let us go.

"Yeah, go find yo man!" Jazmyn yelled

We roamed the halls for about 2 minutes now.

"Where da hell is this nigga?" Skyler looked around a corner.

"How am I supposed to know? I ain't got his number or nothing." I said sighing.

Then we heard someone sigh in frustration, so we turned down that hall.

"Are you forreal lost?" Sky asked holding in laughter

Me and her started laughing, but August just looks the other way embarrassed.

"Mane, whateva, but where the hell is the damn gym?" He said getting upset.

"How about we just skip?" I suggested. It was already 6th period so the day was practically over and it's not like they'll call home.

"Naah, I got niggas and bitches to see, y'all can" Sky said walkin' away

We walk back to gym and I go in to get my stuff and say bye to Calvin, John, and the girls then I tell the coach I wasn't feeling good and that I was going to lay down in the clinic. August just stayed outside because he doesn't want to be seen by the gym teacher.

"Ion got no car or nothin', " he starts to rub the back of his neck

"It's ight. I got one"

We get in my car and pull out. I turn on the radio and one of my favorite Tupac songs comes on, and I rap every single word.

"Where we goin'?" He asked when we pulled out the school parking lot.

"Waffle House."

----

"Welcome to Waffle House. Seat yourself."

We went to the booth next to the window.

"So how was your first day?" I asked.

"It was straight. Nothin' too big ya' feel me?"

I nodded my head, "yeah. Just wait till the school year really get started. Drama everyday."

We eventually ordered, talked about random stuff as we ate, then left because I had to pick up Skyler from the school. I'm not about to have my girl stranded.

"Wassup y'all!" She got in the car then laid down in the back seat. "It's only the first day and I'm so tired."

I drove home forgetting I had to drop August off home.

"Uh, I'on live hea'."

"Oh damn. I'm sorry. This where me and Skyler stay." I turned around getting ready to tell Sky she can get out, but she sleep.

August gave me directions to his place, which was literally down the street.

"See you tomorrow August!"

"See ya' tomorra' mama."