18

Following Morning

Lindsey

It's Friday, and I have a major headache from yesterday. I hate the fact that I have to go to school today, but education is everything.

After taking a shower and brushing my teeth I just looked in the mirror. My hair looked terrible because I didn't do it last night, so I put it in a bun. Then I started to get dressed.

I walked into my closet, and didn't know what to wear. I had bruises on my arms, legs, and my sides, so that really limited what I could wear. I settled on a black hoodie, black jeans, and my cement 3's.

"So.. you're wearin' basically all black?" Aug asked me while observing me. He spent the night last night and already had clothes over here.

"Well I can't wear anything else. My bruises are noticeable. Let's go."

"Ight.."

We walked downstairs and went into the garage.

"I'm taking the Mercedes, you take the Audi" Skyler said switching the keys with me.

"Okay. And no fucking in the damn car either. I know you like the back of my hand."

"Ight damn. Always ruining shit!"

"These are ma's car. Don't fuck up." I said squinting my eyes at her. My mama don't even want her driving in the first place.

The three of us walked out and August got into the car with me.

"So, Sky really have sex in the car?" August asked laughing.

I stopped at the red light.

"Not these, but ones she borrows.

"She is something else man."

"I've walked in on her before."

August fake gagged and I laughed.

We got out of the car at school and walked to my locker. I pulled out my book bag and then we met up with the crew. At first Pam and Jazmyn were giving August dirty looks, then I told them to chill out and they were fine.

"You good sis?" Calvin asked hugging me softly.

"Yeah, just sore, and my bruises are noticeable."

"Let us see." John sat sat down on the bench in front of me.

I lifted up my hoodie and showed them. Jazmyn's ass tried to touch it. I staled faced her.

"This isn't even the half of it." I pulled my hoodie bald down.

The first period bell rung, and me and Aug walked to class. Our teacher wasn't here today, a sub named Mr. Tom was taking his place for the rest of the year.

When I sat down, this one girl started clapping and then the rest of the class did as well.

"Is this Degrassi? Is this High School Musical? Why y'all niggas clapping?" I started to look around the class.

Everyone started laughing, but I ain't find nothing funny. I was being serious.

"No, we're just happy that someone finally beat Gabby's ass." One girl in the back of the class explained.

I shrugged and sat down. "Y'all welcome, I guess." I looked to my right at August, and he just shrugged his shoulders too.