7

Lindsey

I woke up this morning with my knuckles hurting like hell! This shit was unbearable. I couldn't even close my damn hand! I looked to my left and August only had a small scratch under his eyes, which was basically nothing.

"Aug.... August" I whisper shaking him.

"Hmmm?" He said with his eyes still closed.

"I need to get my hands checked out. Meet me at my house in 25 minutes okay."

"Mhm yeah." He rolled over trying to go back to sleep.

"If yo ass late, I'ma do you like I did that girl last night."

When I said that, he sat up and looked at me for a second and stood up. I laughed, gathered my things, put on my shorts, and shirt and left. I hid my limp until I got to the car then massaged my legs before I started the car.

----

When I got home I took a shower, put on some sweatpants and a tank top, and waited on August. I checked Skyler's room to see if she was okay, and this lil girl was snoring like a man, so I just let her be. I don't honestly think no one from last night went to school today, but it was Friday so we aren't missing anything.

I also called my mom to see how everything was going with work and caught up with her. Man I missed my mama and her cooking.

10 Minutes Later

"Lindsey, right this way" the nurse said looking at me.

I took told August to come with and we went into the doctors office

"So, Miss Lindsey, how did this happen?" The doctor said looking up from his clipboard.

"Do you want the truth or lie?" I asked with a straight face.

"Lie," he laughed and waited for what I'd come up.

"Oookay, well..."

"She fell off a... bike." August answers for me

I squinted my eyes at August, because this he know damn well I don't know how to ride a bike and I will never get on one.

"Haha. Okay now what's the truth?"

"A bitch got her ass whooped," August and I said at the same time.

"Alright, Nothing is broken, but I'm gonna need you to keep your hands on ice when your asleep, because that's mainly when you move them the least. Now, I don't want to see you two back here for something like this."

We thanked the doctor and left to go back to my house since I had the bomb snacks.

-----

"Gimme some!" August reached over me to get my gummy worms

"Negative."

"If you don't I'a bite you!"

I straight faced him and kept eating them.

"Run." He said.

I didn't think much of it until he started chasing me around my house. All for some gummy worms.

"Man fuck it." He huffed and plopped on the couch.

We started watching a movie and right in the middle my phone started ringing.

"Who dat?"

I furrowed my eyebrows together. "Jazmyn."

"Hello?"

"LINDSEY! SKYLER GOT SHOT!"

My heart sank when I heard that. I hopped off the couch and explained to August what was going on and then we rushed down to the hospital. Pam, Jazmyn, Calvin, and John were all in the waiting room.

I'm all Skyler has. She was like a sister to me. I love that girl with all my heart. All I can do is cry.

It felt like we were waiting for hours with no word of what was going on. All the memories we had together started to cloud my mind. She was like the sister I never had.

"Family of Skyler?" A doctor came out into the waiting room

We all stood up, but I walked ahead of everyone.

"How is she?"

"Well Skyler is doing fine and may I add she's very lucky. If the person that shot her would aimed a little to the left the bullet would've punctured her lung. A bullet also grazed her neck, but it shouldn't bruise or scar that bad. You guys are welcome to go see her two at a time. Visiting hours are over at about eight tonight."

Aug pulled me in front of him and I wiped my eyes. "You wanna see ha' baybeh?"

I sighed and loked down, but he lifted my head up. "I can see her like this Aug."

"It's ight mama. We can see ha tomorra'."

We said by to everyone then when we approached my place there was a note stuck to the front door.