5

1 months later. October

Lindsey

I got to school this morning a little later than usual, but I still had time to spare. When approaching my locker, I saw August was already there he was just on his phone.

We've been dating for about a month now and everything's running real smooth between us as a couple, but ever since the day at the mall, Devin so call himself trine be bold when it comes to talking to me.

"Mornin' lil lady." Aug smiled as I approached him.

"Hey baby. How you sleep?"

"Man," he kissed his teeth, "I barely slept because I was up doin' homework. The same homework you got that you didn't wanna give me."

"Aug, just because I'm your girlfriend doesn't mean I'm just gonna do your work for you. I want you to at least try."

"I know mama." He leaned down to kiss me softly and as we pulled away I looked out at the corner of my eye and see Devin just staring.

What the hell is wrong with that kid? I told him last year AND this year that I don't like his ass.

The bell rung, and I grabbed August's hand and walked to first period.

Devin: Lin, wassup with that kiss you gave ole dude?

Lin: Well Devin, that's what girls with their boyfriends.

Devin: Oh word? What happened to us?

Lin: There was never an 'us'

Devin: We'll see ;D

Lin: Gtfo, Leave me alone, and delete my number.

Devin: I like a challenge boo

Mr. Jones had a old substitute today and he wasn't doing anything. I shook August awake and showed him the text Devin sent me. I don't believe in keeping secrets if I am in a relationship because as soon as you try to hide something, it comes to light.

"This nigga is really about to piss me off. I wanna fight his bitch ass because he disrespectful." August clenched his jaw.

"Well, act cool today since he's in your next class. You know I don't want you to be out there fighting, but if you feel like you have to after school tell him to meet you at your house and then squash it. "

He sat me in his lap and wrapped his arms around my waist which was a little too much considering we're in class, but August doesn't care about nothing.

"You down?"

"Of course"

I kissed his lips, and then heard someone clear their throat and it was the classroom snitch. Before Aug had a chance to snitch, some girl went on to tell him to mind his business along with getting on him in front of the class.

August

Afta' bein' in first period wit' Lin, I gotta go to second wit' this fool Devin.

Just like my ole lady said, I'ma try to just keep calm and not let my anger get the best of me because I tend to spaz out without thinkin'.

Devin walked up into second period like he own the fuckin' world. I don't know if I could keep my mouth shut, but let him say the wrong thing.

Daddy Aug: I don't know if I can handle this niggas mouth bae

Babygirl: Just stick out. Please? <3

Daddy Aug: IIght, but I ain't promisin nothin

Babygirl: Bye goofy

In the middle of my responds I get interrupted.

"Wassup bruh"

Here we go.

"Textin' my girl" I said not lookin' up.

"Oh, Lindsey?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"Who else?"

"Oh. Well, she just texted me that she was single. You might wanna check that real quick. I can't have my nigga goin' out sad."

Lord give me the strength.

----

Lunch

"I can't fuckin' wait! I want to knock this nigga out now!" I slammed my hand on the lunch table.

"Babe, just wait because I don't want you gettin' suspended. It's our senior year. We don't have time for no in school drama."

"Ight baybeh," I kissed her cheek and met up wit' John and Calvin outside of the lunch room to talk about this lil situation.

"So, what we finna do?" John asked puttin' his phone up.

"Well, Devin bein' disrespectful tryna get wit' Lin, and I'on like that shit. I already told him to meet me at my house after school. But bein' the nigga he is, he's gon have 2 of his dudes wit' him, so I'ma need y'all on the other 2."

"I got you bruh, but Li is like a sister to me and John, so for sure we gon be down wit'chu man." Calvin dabbed my up along wit' John.

"Ight, bet."

Cool, this plan is goin' the way I needed it to go. I'm ti'ed of folks takin' me as a fuckin' joke so he gon have to be the one to learn the hard way.