19

After School

"I see you made it to detention." Dr. Daniel said to me.

"How long is this gonna last?" I asked.

"Only 1 hour. Sit next to Kenny"

The dude kept looking at me the whole time and I'm legit not in the mood.

1 Hour Later

I walked out of the detention room, and Kenny walked behind me.

"Damn ma, let me introduce myself. I'm Ken-"

"No disrespect, but I don't really wanna know you. I don't wanna get to know you. You're probably a nice guy, but my boyfriend isn't. And before you ask, no I can't have no friends."

"Who that August nigga? Man, whateva." he smacked his lips.

"Listen. I'm trying my best to keep calm with you, but you can take yo Mr. T pity the fool looking ass the other way."

I turned around and headed for the exit of the school. I felt arms wrap against my waist, and I was ready to swing!

"Chill... It's me baybeh," August said with a smile, "Hahaha, I ain't Mr. T, just Aug."

"You heard that?" I giggled.

"Yeah, all of it. You too goofy."

I turned to face him and wrapped my arms around his neck and he moved his hands to my lower back.

"I just gotta let these dudes know I'm cuffed."

He smiled and leaned down to kiss me, but the janitor just HAD to clear his throat. August rolled his eyes and I tossed my keys to him so he could drive.

----

While unlocking the door to get into my house, I heard slight moans through the door. August couldn't hear them because I kept asking if he could. I finally unlocked the door and looked around. Aug still couldn't hear them, but I still could, and I knew exactly where they were coming from.

We both walked upstairs and we both stared at each other and them started smiling.

We busted through Skyler's bedroom door and jumped on her bed.

"WHATCHU DOIN' NIGGA?!" August yelled.

"OOH SKYLER'S HAVIN SEX FOR THE 5TH TIME TODAY AUGUST!"

"SKYLER'S GETTIN' IT BALLS DEEP!" Me and August screamed humping the air.

Skyler and her little boy toy pulled the overs over their heads.

"You can't hide now!" I snatched the overs off them and August and I busted out laughing.

"GET THE FUCK OUT!"

I knew she wanted to laugh, but she was tryna hide it.

Aug and I did a Kayne shrug and walked out closing the door.

When we got to my room, Aug and I dropped to the floor and started laughing so hard to the point we had to grab our stomach.

We climbed up onto my bed and cuddled while watching T.V.

"The shit was nasty." August said still laughing.

"At least you don't have to live with it."

We kept talking about damn near everything we could think of, then Skyler came into the room and stared us down.

"Y'all fucked up for that!" She finally said after catching her breath from laughing.

"Naah! You fucked up! That shit was disgustin'." August threw a little pillow next to her.

"Man, whateva! Don't let me catch you and Lindsey."

"Trust, you won't." I blew her a kiss.

Sky walked out and then I turned to face August.

"I love you Li."

"I love you too Aug."

We both leaned in and kissed each other. He licked my bottom lip for entrance and I allowed it.

I didn't want things to go any further because I still had bruises all over me, and I feel really self conscious about them. I pulled away and smiled.

"I need to go to the doctor. I have an appointment at 4:30 and it's 4:15."

Me and August put our shoes back on and then we got going.

----

"Welcome back Miss Lindsey" the nurse said.

August decided to wait in the waiting room while I went to the back

"Hey."

"So what's wrong now?" The doctor said.

"I have bruises all over my arms, legs, back, and stomach."

"Okay, let me see."

I let him examine them, and then he put some cold cream on them.

"How did this happen?"

"My crack head ass uncle."

"Oh, well put this cream on them for the next 3 days then make sure you massage them and they should be gone."

"Thanks!"

I walked back out and August got up from his chair.

"So what now?" Aug asked.

"I don't really know. I definitely don't want to go to the mall."

"Let's go to Smoothie King." He said grabbing my hand.

----

"Welcome to Smoothie King." The cashier said.

He was kinda cute, but not really.

"Hey, can I get a medium Coconut Surprise?"

"Yes, and for you sir?"

August rubbed his chin and then answered.

"I'll have a large Strawberry X-treme."

"Okay, that'll be $16.48"

August paid, and then we got our smoothies and dipped.

We walked around the shoppin' center and then he sparked up a conversation.

"So what you tryna do afta' we graduate?" He sipped on his smoothie and traded with me so try mine.

"I don't really know. I never really thought about it. What about you?"

He thought for a minute then answered. "Sing."

"You know damn well you can't sing." I said laughing a little and he smiled running his tongue over his bottom lip.

"But I can. I realized I could when I watched Sista' Act 2. I can show you when we get back to yo place."

I stood up and he followed me, "maybe we could make a song together then."