15

2 weeks later. The middle of October I believe.

Lindsey

"Lindsey... Lindsey... LINDSEY PAY ATTENTION!" Mr. Thomas yelled at me.

"MAN SHUT THE FUCK UP! I'M DEALIN WITH A WHOLE LOT OF BULLSHIT AND I DIDN'T WANT TO COME TO SCHOOL HEARIN' YO ASS BITCH ABOUT EVERY FUCKIN THING. SUCK ON SOME DICK"

"DETENTION!"

"DON'T I ALWAYS HAVE DETENTION?"

I walked out of the classroom, and August followed me.

"Babe, are you okay? Is this still about Devin?"

"No nigga. It's about my fuckin' mom! She won't answer any of my calls, and she won't reply to any of my text. I thought that she may be in meetings, but who's in meetings at 9:00 at night? Something's not right August."

I slid down a locker and put my face in my hands. Where is my mom? Normally on every business trip she would call me everyday, but now she's not even making contact with me.

"Look, lets just go back in class and go on with our day, then after school we can call your mom again. Okay?"

We walk back in class and everybody looks my way.

"Well, look who's back." Mr. Thomas smirked

"Look, chill out" August warned him

"Chill yo bitch out" he mumbled.

August lounged at him and started to beating him. Did I feel bad? HELL NO! After about 5 minutes I dragged August off him, and then security came and put both of us in handcuffs.

"Yo what the fuck?!" I yelled kicking my legs back and forth

"Get the fuck off her nigga!"

"BOTH OF Y'ALL CHILL THE FUCK OUT!" the security gaurd yelled carrying us out.

August

We stay in some bullshit. They put us both in the same cop car and the ride to the police station was silent. I know Lin is pissed the fuck off for being arrested for no reason. It's only 8:00. Ain't that some shit? Anyway they put Lindsey in a separate holding cell than mine, but we could still communicate.

"Li?"

"What August?"

"You mad huh?"

"Oh no... I'm use to gettin' arrested from school. This is the typical routine for me."

"Yo, chill on the attitude. I can get us out. All I gotta do is post bail"

"Whatever."

I left the conversation at that because I wasn't finna get into an argument for some petty shit. I just wish shit was fuckin' easier.

They FINALLY let us out after an hour. The surprisin' thing was we didn't have to post bail.

----

Back At School

"What the fuck happened?! All I heard was niggas talkin' about how y'all got arrested in first period!" Skyler ran up to me and Lin.

"It's nothing serious, it's just that Floyd Mayweather over here decided to fight Mr. Thomas" Lindsey said side eyein' me.

"Well sorry I defended yo selfish ass."

"Selfish? Nigga go on with that. You didn't have to beat the shit outta an irrelevant ass teacher."

"You really think I was gonna let him disrespect you like that?"