4

Lindsey's POV

I woke up this morning, but not in my house.. well my mom's. Speaking of my mom, I haven't seen her at home in a while. Last time I spoke to her she was out on a little "lovers vacation" with her lil boyfriend. I've met him a few times. If my mom likes him, I like him. I think I'ma call her when I get home. Anyway, August is still asleep, so I mingled out of his grip and go downstairs to fix him some breakfast.

While I was cooking, I feel a presence behind me, so I slowly turn around to see August scratching his stomach with one hand and had his other hand in his sweats.

"I like a woman dat can cook." He smirked a little.

"Do you really?"

I turn around and continued to cook then August wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Li, I want you to be my girl you know. Can you do dat fa' me?"

"Yeah. I'll be your girl."

He kissed my neck and got a plate so I could put his breakfast on it.

"Look I got to go, but call me okay"

"Okay, and baybeh this breakfast good as hell," he spoke with a mouth full of food.

"EW! Bye August"

----

I got home and did my hygiene since I didn't have anything at Aug's then went to Skyler's room.

"Sky, where's my mama?"

"Oh, she told me to tell you to call her. She stopped by this morning from being at her boo's house."

"Did she say anything?"

"Naah, she didn't, but she really wanted you to call her," Sky said returning back to her Lucky Charms and YouTube videos. I guess I will call her.

"Hey mama. Where are you?"

"You know how my job requires me to make a trip to Pennsylvania?"

"Yeah, but you told me a while ago you were gonna stop doing that."

"I know baby, but I get more money when I go so I going. It's gonna be for a while though. Maybe 9 months."

"Ma, that's damn near the whole school year! And what about the bills?

"Lil girl. Watch your mouth, and I got to make this money. And don't worry about the bills, I already handled that with the auto pay. And I know we treat Skyler like she's one of ours, but that girl doesn't know how to drive so make sure she don't drive none of them cars. I love you baby. Bye"

"Okay. I love you too mama"

"Wat did ma say?"

"She said that she has a 9 month business trip to do and that since you can't drive you can't drive any of the cars. Girl you need to get your license soon so she can let you drive."

"Damn. Okay then. Hey! You want me to invite people over so you won't feel so down?"

"Please?" I did a puppy dog face

"I got'chu."

She went into the other room and made some calls. Something tells me that this is gonna be a house party, so I might as well go out and go shopping. I'm not really gonna change. I'm just gonna put on a Tupac shirt over my sports bra and with some read Nike shorts and my Toro's. A basic outfit for a simple mall trip.