1 - Getting In

"You ready?" Yugyeom asks me, mounting his motorcycle. 

I get in the car before nodding and starting it. Although I'm shaking inside, I try to hide it. It's my very first task on the job and I'm already having second thoughts. 

"Be careful, Mia. I'll be behind you. You got the address?" He says behind his helmet, looking down at the open window of the car. 

I nod again as I hold on tight to the wheel. 

This is it. There's no backing out now. FUCK! 

I step on the pedal and rev off to the wet streets. I look through my side mirror and see the bike just a few cars behind. My heart beat doubles when I near my destination. It's a small hash house in the outskirts of Seoul. I stop my car across from it, staying inside a little longer than necessary, checking my rod hanging inside my jacket and double checking the product I have to deliver inside the black bag. 

I drag in air and exhale aloud before stepping out of the car with the bag slinging on my shoulder. 

The restaurant is almost empty except for a few late night diners at one side when I enter. The lady behind the counter looks up at me with her sleepy eyes. "What do you want?" She asks, not even bothering to move from where her elbows are propped on the counter. 

I show her the card I was given and she immediately stands in attention. She quickly gets out behind the counter and leads me to the kitchen door, pointing at the small staircase beside it. 

"Second door to the right," she says before going back out to the front. 

I stealthily take the steps up, hyperventilating with nervousness. I stop at the door and knock twice as instructed. 

"Open the goddamn door!" I hear someone yell from the inside. 

After a few seconds the door cracks open and a doped woman peeps out. I show her again the card and she opens the door wider, revealing four men snorting something out of the glass table. The woman, whom I just noticed is wearing nothing but her underwear, moves aside and lets me in. 

One man looks up, "You have my stuff?"

I pat the bag. 

"Woman!" He yells at her, "Get my dough in the room." The almost naked woman lazily walks towards another door and comes out with a bundle of cash which I immediately grab after tossing the bag at the man. "Not so fast," he says, getting up and checking inside the black bag. "Are you new?" He asks. 

"Me?" I point at myself, it's the first word that comes out of my mouth since I left the joint. 

"Do you see me talking to someone else?" He smirks. "What happened to that other guy? What's his name? Jack...was it?" 

"Got sent to the big house," I simply answer. 

"Nice to have some pretties delivering my goods," he makes a move towards me. 

I want to turn and run out the door. But, I know what they do to scaredy-cats. So, I raise an eyebrow and smirk. "You have your stuff. I'm gone." I turn around and am about to walk out the door when he grabs me, chuckling. 

"You sure you don't want to stay?" He makes a disgusting sound with his tongue and the smell of stale cigarette and decay come out of his mouth, making me want to gag. 

"Not this time, stinky breath," I pull my hand away. "I have other deliveries to make."

I can still hear his maniacal laughter when I go back down the stairs and out the restaurant.