23 - Trust

I'll give you a bit of a XXX today. I think I owe you this. LOL. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Your dad's coming over tomorrow." JB's dad tells Mark during breakfast the next day. 

Yugyeom looks up from his plate and at me from across the table. I don't fail to see how he swallows hard. 

What does that mean? Shit. Do I have to go through another 'I don't trust you' talk again? What the heck is their problem? I don't even have a phone anymore, for fuck's sake. How can I possibly snitch? Why would I even? Now that I don't have anywhere else to go, I won't dare to stab this family at the back. Especially not now that I know the story behind everything... well, almost. 

What do they think I am? I am just a mere girl trying to survive in this God forsaken world. I'm no James Bond who can go through hell and come out with his suit still looking neat and his hair still gelled up. 

Yes, I don't have anything to lose and I'd do anything just to stay alive. But, I'm still human - a girl at that. What can I do? 

"Hey!" Yugyeom taps my shoulder. We're in the garden at the back of the house, strolling Michel on her wheelchair. "You ok?"

"What do we do now?" I ask him, voicing out one of my many questions. "We can't stay in hiding forever, can we?" I stop pushing the chair and sit on the concrete bench at the side. "What about the business? Where are the others anyway?" This morning, I only saw Mark and JB. How about Youngjae? Were they able to get him out? Jackson, Bam and Junior? How about the other members with us yesterday at Mark's place? 

"Business will go on as usual." He tells me, positioning Michel's chair so the sun won't be shining straight at her face. "The others are taking care of it. But, you," he looks at me, sitting at my side, "You have to stay here."

"Why?"

"Mark's orders."

"Why? I mean ... " I furrow my brows, "JB's dad doesn't even want me here. What would I do here?"

"I don't know." He shrugs his shoulders. "Maybe he wants you to be safe ... or maybe he just wants to wait until you're all healed. I'm not sure."

"And you?" 

He sighs, looking at the girl who's just watching us. His expression is of sadness. "I need to get going this afternoon. We have to find a new runner."

"Uhm...Do you ..." I look down at my feet, biting my nail, "Do you know how Byul is?"

"She's fine." He pats my back, "Don't worry. Actually, she was the one who told us where to find you last time. We were on our way to get you when you came."

I nod. So, she's really decided to spy on WOLF for the GS. That makes me more worried about her. What if she gets caught? After my escape last time, what if Jake would suspect her of helping me? 

"Hey!" He elbows me and I look at him. "Take care of Michel for me, will ya? She needs somebody to talk to. Her cousin, Sunny, well ... she and her are not that close. You know what I mean right?"

I smile and nod. "Of course." There's nothing else I can do in this house anyway. They have maids to do all the house work. Besides, I feel kinda responsible. I have to at least make up for what Ryan did to her, even if it's just this small thing. I turn to Michel and take her hand. "We're gonna have fun together," I smile. I'm not sure if it's just the sun on my eyes, but I think I see the corner of her lips turn up a bit. 

____

I spend most of the day in Michel's room with Yugyeom since Mark and JB had to go out, Sunny and her mom went out shopping. She actually asked me to go with her, but with our situation right now, I can't risk being seen in public yet - well, that's what JB's dad said.