14 - Evoked

"Baby!" Ryan whispers at my ear as we lay on his bed. Some people are still partying outside but he pulled me in his room saying he wants me to rest earlier. "You know I won't be calling you that anymore, right?" He chuckles softly, kissing my nape. 

I smile back at him. 

He touches my stomach, rubbing it gently. "I have a new baby right here."

I giggle, giving him a peck on his lips. "I love you, Ryan. We're finally getting out of here." I say excitedly. 

Just then, the door opens and a man wearing a mask over his nose and mouth enters. Before we can both react, he points a gun at us. "Shut up or you're gonna get it." 

Ryan's arms go around me, shielding me from the man who's walking to my side of the bed. Then another man enters wearing  a similar mask, holding what looks like a nylon rope. 

I get up just like the other night, panting, crying and sweating. But, this time, I scream as I open my eyes, feeling the pain all over my body as I sit up on the bed. 

"You ok?" There's a lady sitting beside me, looking scared as she strokes my hair. 

I furrow my brows, confused on where I am. I look around and realize I'm in Mark's room. I suddenly recall what just happened and I cringe. 

Back at the tracks, I thought I was really gonna die. But... Who got me out? And how did they know I was there? 

I turn to the lady again and notice an IV drip going to my hand, I feel an oxygen hose on my nose and see my ankle in a bandage. 

Baby! I remember it clearly now. That night, I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. Ryan and I felt so blessed at that time. With us having a baby and him winning the biggest race. 

My hands slowly go to my belly. Am I really? If I am, then I would be more than four months pregnant by now. 

"I'm sorry!" The lady beside me says, moving closer to me and pulling me in a tight hug. 

And then it hits me. I sob aloud as she strokes my back. I lost it. I fuckin' lost the baby. I lost the only memory I have with Ryan. How can I be so stupid not to remember that? I got drugged, fucked, beaten up, jumped ... and I let them. FUCK! What the heck did I do? If there is one thing I should've remembered about that night, it should be this. Even if I didn't recall anything from that time, I should've noticed that during the first two months, my period was irregular and I haven't had it since then. 

I shake my head in denial. This can't be happening. Why didn't I just die back there? Why did I allow this to happen? My cries get louder and louder. I scream in agony. I scream out all my anger, guilt, sorrow and more. I cry myself to sleep and when I open my eyes again, I'm still crying. 

"Mia?" Yugyeom opens the door slowly, letting his head in first, hesitating on coming in. "Can I come in?"

I pull the blanket up to my head, turning around, making my back face the door. I don't think I can talk to anybody yet. 

But, he comes in anyway, sitting on the bed. He puts a hand on my arm. "Someone's here to see you."

"Mia!" Byul's cry makes me sit up despite the pain, and open my arms to hug her. We both cry on each other's shoulder. "Are you ok?" 

"You only have a few minutes to talk." Yugyeom says, getting up the bed. "The hard cores are coming back in ten minutes. I'll be outside the door if you need me." He leaves the room, closing the door gently. 

"Byul!" I cry, hugging her as tight as I can. "I remember everything now."

"Ssshhh..." she rubs my back, pulling away a little so she could wipe my cheeks. "I'm just glad you're alive."