Chapter 1

"Ya Allah Areesha just sit down and stay still!" Maya told her.

"I am still. You are the one who keeps telling me to move my face towards the door or mirror." she snapped at Maya. Maya was currently experimenting a new haircut on Areesha's hair. She had learned this new hair cut from the internet and after much begging Areesha had let her try it out on her hair.

"We're almost done." Maya said as she took a segment of Areesha's hair and lifted it perpendicular to the scalp and went snip, snip, snip.

"That's what you have been saying from the past hour." Areesha said tired of staying still and moving in the different directions Maya pulled her head towards.

"Areesha stop whining."

"I am so tired. I knew I would regret this. Just don't make me bald." Areesha said worriedly.

"Ooh thats a good idea!" Maya said as she let down another column of hair that she had secured in a butterfly clip earlier and began to cut it.

"If anything happens to my hair you are dead Maya." Areesha threatened.

"I'm sure bhai wouldn't care. He loves you so much as it is so I am not very concerned about the consequences of that."

"Your ears are turning red at the very mention of bhai. Its been months since you've moved in and you still blush like crazy at the mere mention of him!" Maya teased her sister-in-law good naturedly.

"Yeah wait till you get married then I'll ask you." Areesha said turning the topic effectively away from herself.

"Me and married! Never in a million years bro." Maya said revolted at the very idea of marrying someone.

"Yeah we will see about that when you fall head over heels over someone." Areesha winked at her through the mirror.

"Not happening!"

"We will see about that. How much more time? You were almost done an hour ago!"

"Yeah I am just finalizing it now." Maya replied cross-checking her hair if the layers had a even look.

"You are done?! I see no difference from earlier!" Areesha exclamied examining herself in the mirror.

"Wait till I blow dry them. The hair is obviously gonna look the same while its wet." Maya said rolling her eyes at Areesha's impatience.

She took the hair dryer and turned it to cool and dried Areesha's hair.

"Oh I love the steps you gave me!" Areesha said as Maya finished styling her hair.

"Told you you would love it!" Maya said cheerfully. She found happiness in the smallest of things.

"Now we need to take a selfie!" Maya exclaimed getting her phone out.

They posed for a few selfies and laughed at each other's expressions.

"I hope Fawad likes this too." Areesha said hopefully.

"What am I supposed to like?" They both turned around and saw Fawad entering the room. Maya pointed at Areesha.

"I already like you, babe." he said throwing a playful wink her way. "Tell me the truth."

"You are supposed to like Areesha's new hair style." Maya said rolling her eyes

"New hairstyle?" Fawad blinked. He hadn't noticed her hairstyle looked different. What did he know about hairstyles?

"Gosh! He didn't even notice! I knew it. You don't like me anymore." Areesha exclaimed her eyes pooling with tears.

"Come on you are not going to cry about that."

"No. I know you don't like me anymore! You are interested in someone else aren't you?" Areesha accused him.

"What? How did that even occur to you?" Fawad asked in shock.

"See I knew it!" She all but yelled.

Maya meanwhile looked at the exchange between the couple amused. When the situation started to get out of hand she hissed at her brother "Pregnancy hormones bhai. Shut up."

A look of understanding passed Fawad's features and he realized his wife wasn't going wild; the hormones were.

He went to her and wrapped his arms around her and started to console her while she cried that she was getting to ugly.

Maya decided to give them privacy and left the room. She grinned at the love between them. Whenever Areesha got mad Fawad was after her like a lovesick puppy. She loved the relationship they shared. They had their arguments but they always made up at the end of the day. She wanted to have a halal relationship like that too.

She had decided to wait for the time Allah would send her someone. She didn't indulge in haram relationships like most of her fellow doctors at the hospital she worked at. She didn't take influence from them and always turned down any guy who approached her. Plenty did, mind you. From high school to her medical college lots of boys asked her out but she payed no heed to them.

Her mind momentarily went back to one of her patients. That guy was such a big player and was always teasing her but she did not fall for his charms.

***

The first chapter! Sorry it was short. The upcoming chapters will be longer, Inshallah.

I hope you liked it!

Don't forget to leave your views on this book!