Chapter 20

*Continued*

"Maya get ready. Zayan and his mother are here." Fawad said to Maya as he entered in her room. She was sprawled across the bed with a novel in her hands and earphones plugged in her ears.

Maya looked up, surprised to see him there but then decided to ignore him.

"I really don't feel like it right now. I can meet them some other time." Maya said without looking at him and not even in the slightest bit caring that he had come to her himself.

"They are here for you."

"What do you mean for me?" She asked frowning.

"For you and Zayan."

"Can you explain what you are trying to say?" She asked trying to understand what he might mean.

"For your marriage to him. Now hurry up and get ready."

Marriage? Her eyes widened hearing that.

"What the hell do you mean bhai?" She yelled at him in shock. Her brother was taking things to an entirely new level.

"Language Maya."He said sternly. "Everyone's waiting, now hurry up."

"No one even asked me if I want to get married or not. And to Zayan? No way."

"I don't know whats going on in your brain but cut it out. I am waiting for you here go change." Her brother said with a tone of finality.

"Bhai you didn't even ask me first. How can you do that? I will say no. I am not going to marry anyone." She said.

"Ammi said yes from your side. She said you told her about it. So you better stop playing whatever game you are playing and get ready now." Fawad said clenching his jaw. Maya looked at him in shock. Her brother was never the one to talk to her like this.

"Get up Maya." He said again and she staggered to the closet to get a dress.

She took out the first dress she saw and went to the bathroom and wore it. She wrapped a random hijab around her head and went out to face her brother.

"I'm done." She gritted out.

"Don't you need to wear any makeup?" He asked her in a soft voice.

"No I don't." She said through her teeth.

"Maya don't create a scene." He warned her.

"You hate me so much now that you are going to get me married to someone now? Are you that embarrassed because of me?" She asked him, not being able to bear it all silently anymore. 

Fawad's head snapped towards her and he looked at her in surprise when he saw her eyes filled up. Shouldn't she be happy? Isn't this what she wanted after all?

"I am such a burden to you that you want me out of this house now." She stated and her heart broke all over again. 

"Maya-"

"Save it." She said raising her hand to stop him and turned to leave the room. Fawad stopped his sister as he held her hand.

"Maya what's wrong?" He asked softly. Maya looked up at him, this was the first ti eh was actually speaking to her like this after all that time. "Unless you tell me what's wrong, I will never know."

"I don't want to get married to anyone. Please don't make me go." She pleaded.

"Mama said that you told them you wanted to get married to him." He said trying to make out why she was behaving this way. Was it because she didn't want to leave her house and start a new life with someone or was it something else? Probably the former he thought when she didn't say anything.