Chapter 24

Long chapter ahead!

Read throughly to understand everything!

*Continued*

Before Zayan could reply, the door to his office flew open to reveal a very angry Fawad standing with Zayan's assistant behind him telling him to stop.

"Bhai?" Maya muttered in shock when her head snapped in the direction of her fuming brother. He really had the worst timing. She prepared herself for another scolding. More questions to answer. 

"Salam Zayan." Fawad greeted him.

"Walaikum salam." Zayan replied mildly surprised. He felt scared for Maya. He just hoped that Fawad would let it go and not be too hard on the poor girl as whther he admit it or not his heart went out for her. She wasn't at fault yet she blamed herself and that is the worst thing anyone could do to themselves. He knew it from experience after all. He could feel her self loathing in her words. She held herself responsible and he wished he could tell her not to but he had no right to do that. He was a stranger to her after all regardless of the fact that they might end up married.

"So how's everything going on at home?" Fawad asked him in a distant tone and he could hardly say that they were good friends before all this.

"Alhumdulilah, everything is fine." He replied still trying to make out his attitude. Fawad was painstakingly formal and he hated it.

"Maya if you don't mind we need to leave." Fawad said turning to his sister who was eyeing their response quietly hoping that her brother would not blow up this time.

"Yes bhai." She replied meekly. She could see the anger in her brother's eyes and she felt scared.

"Ok lets go then. Allah Hafiz." Fawad said and left the office.

Maya glanced at Zayan and he whispered to her to send the details. She nodded and followed her brother out.

She followed her brother put, who was one step ahead of her and made no attempt at acknowledging her presence.

When they reached the parking lot he opened his cars door for her.

"I brought my own car too." She told him cautiously.

"You are going with me. I'll get your car home. Give me the keys." He said curtly without even sparing her a glance and Maya ried to keep the hurt inside.

She queitly gave him the keys and he started driving. It was an awkward silence and Maya could see how Fawad's hand was clenched on the wheel.

Fawad glanced at his sister from the corner of his eye. He wanted her to explain why she had felt the sudden urge tos ee hik when they were getting married soon but she was quiet.

"Maya..." he started, not being able to keep it inside anymore. Maya turned towards him and gave him a questioning look.

"Maya, I understand your feelings but you are going to marry him soon. It is not good that you still see without a mehram." He said as he applied the brakes to stop at the red signal.

"I don't- " She started to say but then bit her tongue.

"I want your word that you are not going to see him again. It's only a week left tell you get married to him."

Only a week.

"You won't understand, so just leave it." She said as her eyes teared up when she realized that there was no one to understand that she didn't want to marry him.

"I don't understand?" He said raising an eyebrow at her. "What exactly don't I understand?"

"Forget it." She said through clenched teeth. No one understood her at all.