Chapter 27

Salam folks!

I am so sorry to anyone who was waiting for an update. 

Never thought I would he saying this, but my exams were just taking toll on me and I couldn't get time for this. Now that they are finally over, here's a long chapter!

***

Maya wrinkled her forehead as someone stroked something on her lips.

"Stop it..." She groaned and pushed the offensive thing away, closed her eyes and drifted to sleep again.

"What did you do?!" A horrified voice shrieked and Maya flinched horribly, her eyes bursting open.

She blinked and glanced at her surroundings in confusion trying to adjust to the blinding light.

"You ruined the lipstick!" The same voice exclaimed and she looked around in confusion.

She blinked again, and her eyes finally adjusted to her surroundings. Where was she? What was happening?

The first thing her hazy brain registered was someone sitting in front of her. She blinked again. Was there something wrong with her eyes?  

The person in front of her looked a lot like her but ... but with makeup.

"You just ruined the lipstick!" A woman said to her with a glare. 

She glanced at the lady standing beside her with a deep frown on her face.

"What?" Maya yawned, still drowsy from sleep.

She raised her hand to rub the sleep out of her eyes, before the woman beside her slapped her hand away.

"Don't ruin the makeup, please. You have been sleeping for an hour and I worked very hard for this!" The woman said.

This woke her mind up and she realized she had been getting ready for the walima, only she didn't remember when she had fallen a sleep.

She glanced at the person in front of her, which was ironically the mirror. She stared at herself in the mirror awe struck. She looked so different. A good different. The makeup hid all the imperfections of her face. Fake eye lashes along with some eye popping makeup made her eyes the center of attention of her face. Her lips were painted a light pink color and her cheeks bones looked more defined with the blush.

"Sorry. Just very sleepy..." Maya yawned again.

"Let me just fix up your lipstick and then we are done." She said and stroked the lipstick on her lips.

"So tell me, your hubby didn't let you sleep on your wedding night?" The makeup artist asked with a smirk and Maya stared at her in confusion.

"Wha..." She stared before it dawned upon her what that woman was hinting. She turned red and she could almost feel the heat radiating from her cheeks.

The woman smirked at her knowingly and Maya blushed even more.

Wedding night... Zayan.... God! How embarrassing! 

Only she had spent her supposed wedding night reading a novel. The irony! 

She averted her gaze and tried to think about something else but those words kept ringing in her head and she felt her heart beating fast. Was this what everyone thought? Well they had just gotten married after all and not everyone knew that this was not a real relationship. She might not have accepted it yet but to everyone else it was a reality. Would she ever be able to accept it? Would she ever acknowledge the rights they had over each other as spouses? She shivered at the thought. She better not think of these things.