Chapter 8

Maya was at the hospital immersed in work to make herself forget what was happening in her life. She had volunteered to type out a document for her friend who was the receptionist there. Ironically Maya was that same person who would be the first one to get out of the hospital after her shift was over but here she was staying here voluntarily now. She was working over time like this for the past few days. The hospital time was over by now and she was sure when she stepped out she would be met with the eerie silence as it was a Saturday and the hospital wasn't open for the usual twenty-four hours time.

She sighed and continued typing the document into the laptop. Her long fingers were moving swiftly overthe keyboard. She was so absent minded that she hadnt taken in a word of what she was typing. She was thinking about life. What her life had gotten to. How she was trying to immerse herself in work to forget the bitter realities. To others it may not seem as a big thing but the fact that Daniyal could destroy her in the blink of an eye was enough for her to cringe. Enough for him to blackmail her.

She glanced up at the time. It was six o'clock in the evening. She streched her sore fingers and enjoyed the feeling of them cracking.

Fawad was supposed to pick her up after one hour as she her own car had broken down. But she wasn't complaining. She was more than glad to just get home and sleep. But she also had to avoid her mothers questions. She had been pestering her about the 'lucky guy's' name. She thought that Maya was feeling too shy when in reality she was feeling too disgusted. Too disgusted to even think about that jerk Daniyal.

"Hey babe." He slurred.

Startled she looked up to see Daniyal standing infront of her desk. This was the best example of 'name the devil and he is here.' But here it seemed to be a heart to heart connection. She snorted at that despite the situation.

"So what can I do for you today?" She asked with a poker face as he sat down on the chairs in front of her making her frown."As you know it is past working hours so please make it quick."

"Darling we are going to get married soon. Shouldn't we be spending time with each other?" He said sweetly and Maya had the sudden urge to slap off that ugly smirk from his face.

"What do you want?" She asked him through gritted teeth.

"A fling baby." He whispered to her leaning forward and crossing his arms on his chest.

Astaghfirallah. She muttered.

"Get the fuck out of here." She snapped at him pointing towards the door.

"Oh don't swear now babe. I am already having a bad influence on you." He smirked and Maya realized what she had said. He really bought out the worse in her.

"You and I both know that you want me." He said to her seductively and Maya moved back disgusted.

Who had even let him in after the normal hospital hours?

"Come on. Just one time and then I'll be out of your life. I don't really wanna marry you. I mean no offense to you of course babe but really how can a man satisfy him with one woman only? "

"You shut up and get out of here before I call the security." Maya yelled at him.

"What did I say about your yelling? No one, I repeat no one questions what I say." He said in a low threatening voice. He got up from his chair and circled to the back of the table where she was sitting.

Maya gulped as he appraoched her. He looked drunk. She didn't know what to do. He was coming closer to her. He came up to her and held her tightly by her shoulder ps pulling her against his own body and looked into her eyes as if daring her to reject him.