Chapter 26

Even though I said that I'd update on Tue/Wed I still updated! I'm awesome, aren't I?

*

Maya looked up from her phone and saw that it was almost 8 o'clock in the morning. She hadn't been able to sleep last night so she had decided to read a novel on wattpad. She hadn't noticed how time had flew. She stretched her arms and stifled a yawn. She was so tired now.

She glanced at Zayan beside her on the bed. He was deep asleep with his arm covering his eyes. His hair looked so soft and messy that she would love to run her fingers through it. Even though it was messy it still managed to look good on him.

He had very good features she would give him that. He could've gotten a way better girl in the snap of his fingers but he compromised with her. She knew she did have a good face but another man had touched her in a wrong way and as far as she knew no husband would take that.

But her relationship with Zayan was not based on any personal feelings or love so he probably didn't even care about that. He had just gotten married to her in pressure from her brother. Why would he even care? She should be thankful that he was giving her a place to live and at least wasn't rude to her like anyone in his place could have been.

She shrugged all those belittling thoughts of her mind and got off the bed and slipped her feet into the slippers.

She twisted her hair into a bun and secured them with a pony and headed to the bathroom.

After she had freshened up she headed out of the room careful enough not to make noise. 

She looked around and saw that her mother-in-law was still asleep. She headed to the kitchen and looked around. She was so hungry. Should she make breakfast for herself or would that look rude that she was going in their kitchen without their permission?

Her hunger won over at the end and she decied to make breakfast for everyone else as well. 

After opening and closing each cabinet she was able to find ingredients for pancakes. She arranged everything and looked through her phone to find a good recipe. 

Almost an hour later she had prepared the pancakes, along with mashed potatoes and sandwiches. She arranged everything in dishes and took two dishes in her hand balancing them properly with very much difficulty and headed out of the kitchen to the dining table.

"Oh my God!" She suddenly flinched when she saw her mother-in-law right in front of her. 

"I am so sorry! You scared me!" She said as she balanced the two dishes in her hands and thanked Allah that she had not dropped them. It would have been so embarrassing if she had dropped them!

"I mean Assalam Alaikum!" She said as she remembered her manners.

"Walaikum Salam beta." Her mother-in-law said looking at her amused.

"Um sorry I used your kitchen-" Maya started, feeling awkward.

"Oh no beta it's your house. Of course you can use the kitchen whenever you want." She said good-naturedly and Maya sighed in relief.

"But tell me why did you have to prepare the breakfast? You're going to make me look like the evil mother-in-law who tells the girl to take the kitchen on the first day." She asked Maya as she set the dishes on the table.

"Oh no! One's gotta be in the mother-in-law's good books now." She said without thinking.

Her mother-in-law chuckled at that and she realized what she had said.

"Can you please taste this sandwich and tell me if I need to add more salt in it? I don't really cook that good so-" Gosh she was rambling in front of her. What was she so nervous about?