Chapter 11

After hours of worry and praying his nephew had been born. Zayan sighed in relief when the doctor announced the birth of the baby. Areesha still had to be kept under observation as the next 24 hours were very critical for her life while the baby was put in the incubator for some time as it was a premature delivery.

She still hadn't woken up so he hadn't been able to see her. But he had met his nephew and he was very cute. Tears of joy spilled from his eyes when he had held him for a few seconds.

The entire family was here except Maya. Some were reciting the Holy Quran while some were muttering duas. Fawad was pacing around the hall worriedly. He still hadn't acknowledged him and before being his brother-in-law he was his friend. He just hoped they would be able to clear up this misunderstanding between them.

He was very worried about Maya. Why wasn't she here? Was she sick? What was wrong?

He cautiously approached Fawad's mother.

"Auntie where's Maya? I haven't seen her," he said trying to be casual, hoping that she wouldn't get suspicious.

"She was very sick last night. We came here in a rush and she was sleeping so I didn't wake her up."

"Is she okay?" He asked cautiously.

"I don't know but there is something worrying her and she isn't sharing it with us." Auntie replied to him and he nodded. So they didn't know yet.

"She will be fine inshallah. " he muttered and slipped away before she could ask him any questions.

***

Maya had woke up at her house a few mintues ago drenced in sweat and paralyzed with fear. She had had a very bad nightmare.

She recited ayat ul kursi under her breath to calm her erratic breathing. She wiped the prespiration of her forehead and went back under the covers. She felt so scared. What if something like that happened again? 

Her dreams were punctuated with him. He was threatening her to marry him. In one of her dream he had showed the pictures to her family and her mother was screaming at her that she had broken their trust. She had never felt more scared.

She was trying to repress her fears but they were resurfacing from her subconscious in her dreams. Even her own room felt suffocating to her right now. She didn't want to get out of her room. She feared that her family would find out if they looked into her eyes. What if her brother was still very angry?

When she had gotten home yesterday she had scrubbed herself clean to get his touch off her before crying herself to sleep. But it seemed that she still could feel his lips on hers. She disgustedly washed her lips with soap and scrubbed them till they were bleeding slightly.

She knew this was a test from Allah to test her faith and morals. She wouldn't fail this test from Him. She knew that he wouldn't test her more than her strength so she prayed to him to giver strength and courage to face it all. 

She knelt down in sujood and cried her heart out to her Creator. The only one who could truly help her. The only one who could really take her sorrow away and give her patience. The only one who could forgive her for doing all those sins. She didn't feel the usual satisfaction even after crying to allah and she felt like her faith in Him was waivering. Her faith in Him was all she was left with and she didn't want to lose that tk Satan at any cost. So she prayed to Allah to help her strengthen her faith.

Somewhere in her heart she felt like it was her fault. She shouldn't have provoked him with her attitude. She felt like if she had complained to the authorities the first time it wouldnt have gotten this far. In all her prayers she especially prayed for Zayan. He had practically saved her and then Fawad had almost killed him. What a payback. She had wanted to tell her brother everything but she couldn't.  She couldn't bring those words to her tongue.

She wanted to get take her phone and call Zayan to see if he was fine but she didn't have the guts to face him after how he had suffered because of her. Sometimes she felt like she was bad luck. She couldn't even ask Areesha about him. What would she say to her?

She wondered what her brother had said to everyone. He was so angry yesterday. But she didn't think that they knew as her mother had only come once and checked her fever and after giving her medicince she had left.

She had noticed that it was eerily quiet in the house but she didn't bother getting out of her room to check what everyone else was doing. Maybe it was already night and everyone was asleep. She had totally lost track of time and didn't want to get out of the bed because of fear.

Her head was pounding from all the worry. Her tear ducts never seemed to run out if tears. Whenever those scenes played in her mind she would start crying again. She tried to press her temples but the pain was getting worse from all that crying. 

She needed sleep but whenever she closed her eyes his ugly face came in front of her eyes. Even though as a doctor she knew that sleeping pills were not good for the health she popped out two tablets from the leaflet and gulped them down with a glass of water and welcomed deep slumber with open arms. 

Her only escape from reality was to fall asleep. At some instants she just wanted to die. She wanted escape from this bitter reality but then she convinced herself when there would come a time in future when she would be able to move on and smile like before. It was very hard for her to convince herself to stay patient. 

Sometimes you needed a friend, a well wisher to soothe you with all those words even if you already knew them. But she didn't have anyone tell her that it was okay and this was just a phase in life that would pass and that she would have her share of happiness too. She needed someone to show her a ray of light, a thread with which she could hold onto life and survive through all these hardships. But sadly there was no one. 

She had never faced any hardship alone in life. Her family was always there to support her, to offer her a shoulder to lean on but right now when she needed them the most she could tell them why. She was very stubborn and egoistic to ask someone to wipe her tears and the only one who is understood her the best was mad at her. It was kind of her fault. She wished she had told her brother the truth before so she would have had his support now. It was also her fault that she challenged Daniyal and he did that. She hated herself right now. She wished her brother was with her. 

Her brother who supported her through thick and thin. She remembered when she had almost thought that she would fail her last semester of medical college how her brother had supported her emotionally. She remembered how whenever their parents would tell her off about something her brother would even take the blame for his little sister.

***

Dun dun dun! So Maya still doesn't know abt Areesha being in the hospital...

It was kinda hard describing her messed up emotions so I hope I did that fine!

Do tell me what you think!! 

Vote/ Comment/ Share