Chapter 9

"Get the fuck away from her." Zayan snarled at the guy who was holding her. When he didn't get off her Zayan pulled him from the back and threw him to the ground. He could only see red. 

He rushed to Maya who was crying uncontrollably on the floor. He knelt down carefully and saw that she wasn't even wearing a hijab. Her face was buried in her hands as she sobbed looking so helpless.

"Maya?" He called her cautiously but she didn't respond.

Zayan looked around to see where the guy was but he had left. Even though his logical sense was to run after the guy, he stayed. Stayed because he couldn't see her like this.

"He is gone. You're safe Maya." He muttered trying to reassure her. How was he supposed to calm her down within religious boundaries.

"N-no. He is going to destroy m-me. He-" Maya stammered but the end of the sentence was caught in her throat.

"No you are safe now. Calm down. Breathe in and out." He said to her.

"Thank you for saving me. H-he... I don't know what h-he would have done if you hadn't come..." She said and out of nowhere latched onto him and buried her face in his chest.

She needed to know that she was fine and the nightmare was over. She felt as if someone had brutally killed her soul. She didn't think that she wasn't allowed to touch a non mehram.

Zayan was startled that she was hugging him suddenly. She was shaking all over so he couldn't even push her away.

He awkwardly patted her back, trying to reassure her. He shivered to think what would have happened if he hadn't come.

She was still crying very badly. She couldn't her face was tear stained and he couldn't bear to look at her like this.

"Maya you're safe. Allah saved you from that bastard." He said patting her back comfortingly.

"T-thank you so much." She repeated as she squeezed her eyes tightly and buried her face un his chest. She was so scared that when she would open her eyes, she would see him again.

"Don't thank me. Thank Allah." He muttered and his faith in Allah reached to a whole new level. How He had helped her in time of need. Zayan had just been passing by from here so he had decided to collect some medical reports of one of his clients. He wasn't even planning to come here but Allah's plans are always greater than ours.

He rubbed her back soothingly to calm her nerves and her sobs subsided slowly. He just hoped Allah would forgive him for touching her. But he was helpless. He rubbed her back slowly and muttered things to comfort her. Maya refused to let go of him. She was sure that she was dreaming all this and he was still here. Her heart was thundering in her chest as shivers crawled up her back.

Zayan patted her back, trying to reassure her. He had no idea what to do.

Suddenly, the door flew open and before he had the opportunity to turn around someone took him from the collar and seperated him from Maya.

Before he could even look up that person punched his face. What if this was the same guy, Zayan thought and attacked back and quickly got up to shield Maya.

When he caught sight of the person's face he was shocked.

 It was Fawad.

Zayan stopped blocking his punches in shock.

"How the fuck did you dare to touch her?" Fawad yelled at him and Maya cringed. Zayan was still in too much shock to retaliate. What was he even thinking?