Chapter 22

Maya had gone shopping with Areesha and Fawad for her 'wedding'. She was still not on good terms with her brother but she didn't bother attempting to talk to him now.

She didn't even want to go with them but her mother had insisted thinking that shopping might cheer her up.

She was given full reign over the credit card and she could buy anything she wanted. This was by far the only good thing about this so called wedding.

She lazily dragged her feet behind her brother and Areesha when a red dress hanging on the window of a shop came in view. The intricate designs at the front and color scheme really appealed her and she couldn't let go of and opportunity to buy it, wedding or no wedding.

"I love this one!" She told Areesha pointing to the shop.

"Lets go inside then." Areesha grinned at her excitement though she didn't know whether it was for the wedding or for the dress.

"Fawad wait!" She called to him as he had walked forward while they had been tagging behind slowly.

Fawad turned around and groaned. Now they were going to spend another hour at another shop and not buy anything at all.

He reluctantly followed them inside.

Areesha was looking around at the other dresses while Maya asked the shopkeeper to show her that dress.

The shopkeeper got the dress of the hanger and placed it on the counter in front of her as he stared at her and Maya averted her gaze uncomfortably.

"This color will really suit you." The shopkeeper said to her as he stared at her in a creepy way.

"Excuse me?" She gritted out, feeling scared under his gaze.

"Okay, I will rephrase it. This dress will stand out more on you than the other way around." He said with a wink and Maya backed away from the counter before he could say anything else.

Her heart beats escalated and the scenes from the hospital invaded her mind. The memories flashed in front of her eyes and now she was imagining this shopkeeper guy touching her as well.

Her back hit something and she quickly turned away thinking it was another guy who was trying to touch her. She wrapped her arms around herself trying to get those images out of her mind.

"Maya?" Someone called from behind and she flinched.

"Maya? What's wrong?" Her brother asked her.

She slowly turned towards him and glanced at him.

"Maya? Are you even listening to me?" Fawad asked her holding her shoulders. She was staring at him blankly as if she wasn't registering him at all and just stared right through him.

"Are you even listening to me?" He asked again confused as to why she was ignoring him like that. He understood that they weren't on the best terms but why did she need to behave as if she didn't give a shot about him.

"B-bhai... Can we please go home?" Maya asked him as tears filled up in her eyes. She just couldn't get it out of her brain. He had touched her in such personal places that she felt contaminated. She tried to keep the tears from falling for the sake of her brother but she just could not stop her brain from thinking about it.

"Areesha had to use the washroom. Let me pay for the dress and we can go after she comes back." He told her a little revealed that at least she was talking to him but confused at the same time.

Maya glanced at the shopkeeper who was still looking at her curiously and quickly left the shop as Fawad rushed behind her.

"Wait for Areesha at least." He told her but she turned away from him and looked at the people passing by, but not really looking.