Chapter 17

Continued...

"I need to talk to you about something important." Fawad said and waited for Maya to leave the kitchen.

"Yes?" Zayan said cautiously. Fawad hadn't even talked to him since everything had happened and ignored all his calls. He was curious at what he had to say now. He must want to clear things with him he thought. Fawad's cold expression however told a perfectly different story. He looked like he was ready to kill him.

"I want you to come to our house with auntie and propose for Maya to my parents." He sad without beating around the bush.

"W-What?" Zayan stammered thinking he had probably not heard him right. "What did you just say?"

"You heard what I said." Fawad replied coldly.

Zayan looked at him perplexed. He had shocked the living daylights out of him. Fawad was taking this to a whole new level. Before he could even open his mouth to speak Fawad cut him off.

"I really don't appreciate what you two were doing that day. Stop playing with her feelings if you don't want to marry her. I don't care that you are Areesha's brother. My sister means everything to me and you better stop seeing her."

"Fawad man you are getting it all wro-" Zayan started to explain his point to him.

"Stop. I don't want your bullshit. You bring the proposal to our parents and that's it. You don't know what I can do to you and everything related to you." He snapped with his cold eyes boring in Zayan's.

"Shut up Fawad. You don't understand anything do you? You claim that she means everything to you yet you don't know what's going on in her life." Zayan growled back losing his patience. The way he said everything related to him made him cringe. 

He could feel the sinister promise underlying his tone. He couldn't believe Fawad meant what he was thinking. He wouldn't do anything to Areesha would he? He just hoped he was overthinking.

"You claim to know her better than I do?" Fawad lashed out on him. He couldn't believe this man in front of him. He had thought of Zayan as a religious person but he turned out to be anything but religious. Every time he remembered that day in the hospital his blood ran cold. He had seen the way Zayan kept glancing at his sister during the dinner. Heck he hadn't even wanted her to come but Areesha and his mother had insisted so he didn't want to remind Areesha of anything that would make her tensed.

"What's going on in here?" A voice said from behind them.

They both turned around to see Areesha standing at the threshold of the kitchen frowning.

"Nothing." Fawad gritted out and stormed out of the door.

Zayan rubbed his temples at his behavior. Areesha looked at him confused and raised an eyebrow but he did't reply.

"Let me go check up on him." Areesha muttered to him and hurried out of the kitchen.

If it was a normal day Zayan would have teased her to no end that she loved Fawad more than her brother and might have been a little teeny tiny bit jealous too. But this wasn't a normal day. It was not everyday someone's brother came up to him threatening him to marry his sister. The way Areesha showed concern and love for him made his thoughts steer into an entirely different direction.

"Fawad! Listen to me!" Areesha went after him but he ignored her and left the kitchen.

"Stop." She said sternly as she grasped his hand making him stop.

He met her sharp gaze hesitantly and opened his mouth to speak but she cut him off.

"Calm down." She said drawing patterns over his bicep.