Chapter 23

"Is Zayan in?" Maya asked his assistant. She had been wanting to talk to him. Finally she had plucked up the courage to ask Areesha about his office. Ignoring her worried look she just headed straight here in her car.

"Yes Ma'am. Do you have an appointment?"

"I don't need an appointment to see him. Just tell him I'm here." She replied.

"What's your name?" She replied haughtily.

"Call him up and tell him that his fiancé is here." She said to this girl not liking her a bit.

"Ok Ma'am." She said eyeing her up and down with a distasteful expression.

"Sir is calling you in."

Maya nodded and walked into his office without a word to his assistant. She could see how jealous she was of her. Probably because she was his fiancé. But not for long. This girl could have him.

"Salam." She said as she entered his office.

"Walaikum salam Maya. Have a seat please."

"You don't need to tell me that." She muttered.

"So to what do I owe this pleasure?" He asked ignoring the earlier comment. When Sabahat had called him and said that his fiancé was here he was sure that someone was playing a prank on him but then he asked her if the girl wore a hijab and she did so he called her in thinking it could be Maya.

"You owe this pleasure because you bought the proposal to my house without asking me first." She said through her teeth.

"Well thats how it works you see. You propose to the other person and they have every right to reject. You could have rejected." He said ignoring the pang in his heart when he realized that this girl was going to take the place of his wife in almost a week.

"You involved my family. You didn't ask me did you?"

"Thats how every sharif person does. Or would you rather I propose directly to you?" He said as his lips curled into a smirk. This girl really was unpredictable.

"That's not what I meant and you know that very well." She said annoyed.

"Ok on a serious note. Why do you even want to marry me?" She asked him.

"Who said I want to marry you?" He said raising his eyebrow.

"Then?" She archef an eybrow, curious to what he had to say this time. She hated that pity in his eyes for her. 

"I have no other choice. Fawad thinks that I am playing with you. I don't want my sister to have problems with her married life because of me." Zayan replied, clenching his jaw.

"Bhai would never do that." She screeched. "How could you even think that?" 

"Because he said so himself." He replied in a cold voice.

"I don't believe you." She replied in an equally cold voice.

"Then go and ask him yourself." He said and ignored her turning to his laptop.

"Are you even going to listen to me?" She asked angrily, annoyed with the way he was ignoring her. They getting married in a week and he behaved as if he didn't car, but she would mot marry him.

She snapped his laptop shut and Zayan turned and glared at her.

"What?" He snapped in annoyance.

"You just back out of this and reject this marriage." She said glowering at him.

"I am doing nothing like that. It doesn't even make sense that I bring the proposal to your parents and then back out myself. Why did you accept in the first place then?"