Chapter1 : the interview

It all started that day .

I woke up at 7:00 am excited to say the least.
This is my chance to start my own life.
Ever since I graduated college, all I wanted to do was rely on myself but the world had other plans for me.
I found myself  working for my step father Gerard Evens the owner of 'the stations galleries' which had branches all over the world.
Not that this job was bad, but I felt like a burden to him.
He took care of me and he was the only father figure in my life both before and after my mother's death.
He helped through it all.
I for sure can say I didn't feel any different from Delilah his daughter.
He did adopt me after all and I do refer to him as dad.

  Now in my 23years of age, I'm taking an action to change my life, to become responsible.

  So I applied for all these positions in different places, I got some calls back asking further questions but I didn't get any real approvals yet.

But, " Harries & Hers " called me back.
Let me just say that; this is a well knows law firm.
Working here is a dream to a lot of people even if it's just an interview and I know I shouldn't think too much of it ... But I'm excited.

I got up.
Took a shower then proceeded to dry my hair, then I did my make up.
I examined my reflection in the mirror.
"I think this will do great. Now cloths!" I say while heading to the closet.

Examining myself for the last time in the mirror.
My long brown hair was pinned in a tight bun.
And I was wearing a black skirt going just above my knees paired with a white soft blouse on top...

"Aren't you leaving yet?" 
Delilah rushed into my room, taking me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah good morning to you too"

"I just thought you might be late ..wow .. You look so professional! I mean I'd give you the job if I had any saying in it"
She said clapping her hands together.

What she said gave me the boost of courage I needed.

"Thanks Del , and yes I should be leaving..."
she cut me off

"Anyways ,  yeah I brought you coffee "
I just noticed the Starbucks cup she placed on my desk.

"when did you get this ?"

" I thought my dearest needed to be awake for her big day  "She winked and left.
Well that was my sister not always this nice though.

Grabbing all my things I left the house.
I didn't want to take any risks so I took a Taxi to the interview.
Also when I thought about it, if I drive there, this interview can go both ways , it's either I get the job and I'd be so excited to drive and that won't end well, or, I won't get the job and that is also bad and I'll need Delilah's company anyways so I'll call her to pick me up.

The journey took about 20 minutes and I found myself facing the golden big name of 'Harries & Hers'.
The building was so big, tall and glassy.
It was actually intimidating.
I just ignored that last thought and stepped towards the entry.

The security guard just nodded when I passed by him. I went towards the reception.

"Hello miss welcome to Harries & Hers, how may I help you ?" A beautiful blonde girl greeted me.

"hello! I'm Isabelle brown. I have an interview with Mr.Nicholas Anderson"

She paused for a second then said:
"Oh yes, Ms.Brown, I'm Emily, follow me please"
Emily stepped out of the reception area into the elevator then she clicked on the 11th floor button...

We got there fast actually.
Stepping out of the elevator,through a hallway she directed me towards a black door and wished me luck.

So here I am, waiting for the 10 minutes to go by since I came early.

I was alone in this big room, seated with a big desk in front of me.
The place was so well put together and everything in the room was dark except for the big window with the amazing view .
I just got up and went towards it, looking out from up here really makes you feel on top of the world.

"What a view !ahem ... You must be thinking "
As I turned around to see where the voice was coming from.
A tall manly figure wearing a black suit, is what I see.
Dragging my eyes up his body I'm met with icy blue eyes and dark brown hair and killer jaw line.
Focus ! 
His expression was dead serious.
He was eying me, not really moving from his spot.

Ok he wasn't just a man he was a handsome one did I say that already?

Since I was stuck in my spot.
He came closer offering his hand to shake.
"Welcome Miss.brown, I'm Nicolas Anderson"
"Hello I'm Isabelle Brown"

I shook his hand,blushing in the process.
I hope he doesn't catch on that.
He then signaled for me to sit on the sofas' area.

I went and sat only then did he follow and sat on the seat across from mine, there was a little table between us.

"Your résumé was good enough to earn you the position, there is just one more thing we need to talk about, first you'll have to forget everything you've ever learned and start learning here.
So I don't wanna hear any words of objections and for now you keep your opinions to yourself because it's not needed here"
He paused waiting for me to process what he said.
Then he added:
"As CEO I expect nothing but the best from my workers, working here means aiming for perfection"

He said too much, I just couldn't think of anything except he's the BOSS  like the CEO, I didn't know I was meeting directly with him.

I was taking too long to answer, he was just studying me as if waiting for me to say something so I just said the first thing that came to my mind.

"Yes sir " 
he smirked and with that he got up and was walking to his desk.

"Good! So you start tomorrow at 9am sharp" he looked at me dead in the eye.
"Emily would guide you through it all, you can ask her for anything"

And he just sat on the desk.
I took that as a sign to leave and I did just that with a
"thank you sir."

-------------------------------------------
I know this is nothing but it's the start and I had to explain everything about the story though the events would start in the next chapter . VOTE and COMMENT❤️ ENJOOOOOOOY !!!