Chapter 13: The park

I got to the park but I see no one by the entrance, so I decided to go sit and wait in one of the benches inside.
I pick up my phone and start scrolling through instagram, I see a picture of a beach... agh! I so want to go to a beach right now.
I sense a presence near me so I look up.
"So we meet again?" he half smiles at me.
"Hello, you may sit down" I suggested while locking my phone and putting in my purse.
He sat down a little closer than I expected and I could feel the heat coming from his body, but I tried to brush it off so I say: "I hope all is good?"
"Yes it is" he responds and pauses.
"How are you?" He says exactly when I ask "why am I here?"
"I need to ask you about something?" He says exactly when I answered his question "I'm fine"
"Go ahead" I say.
He looked at me in the eyes. It was an intense stare and I didn't know why I felt the way I did but I wanted to break eye contact and leave right there but I couldn't.
"I'm sorry" he says.
I keep staring at him.
"I'm not ever apologetic to anything in my life but I wanted you to know that"
Now his posture and look and his expressions have nothing to do with being sorry, if anything I'd think he's mocking me.
"Now that I got that out of the way, I need to talk work with you"
"You need me to talk work with you?" I repeat what he said.
"Yes, I've already arranged somethings with your father and I need you to manage the project" he started.
"Does my father know about this?"
"Your father came up with this idea. I've seen your work, I know that we didn't start off in the right foot professionally but I didn't know it was you when I made this deal with your father... this is one of the reasons why I decided to come and meet you in France"
"Well then you've already arranged everything, you're just informing me, right?"
"No, you can always refuse if you'd like, but I hope you don't" again I see no emotions and pleading in neither his voice nor his expressions.
"I guess I'll have to talk to my father and get back to you"
I ended the conversation right there cause I have nothing more to add.
"Yes please do, I hope you can make your decision quickly"
"Sure"
   I get up and he gets up at the same time.
What is it with us doing things simultaneously?

  He extends his hand for me to shake and I head the same way I came from. Only this time I have so much to think about.
I quickly fetch my phone and dial my fathers number.
"Hello?"
"Hello, how did it go?" My dad answers.
"How did what go ?" I ask him.
"You and nicholas' meeting"
Of course Nicholas talked to him before.
"It went fine"
"What do you think then?"
"I miss home anyways and I was thinking of going back so maybe this is a great opportunity to ease my way back there"
   I ask him about his well being and how everyone was doing and he tells me how much he misses me and Delilah and then I hang up.

Left with my own thoughts. I thought about why I left, I left because I was weak and this time I'm going back strong, I made my self into a strong women with a stable job and emotions, what happened in the past stays in the past. Come to think of it now I think it wasn't that big to begin with.
I had my time thinking on my way home to Delilah.
I called her to see if she needs anything. Instead she informs me she'll be going to see Nicholas and I left the piece of information of me just meeting him. And it hurt hiding things from her, but not just yet, I'll chose the right time.
*Buzz~~ buzz *
I hear my phone buzzing and I reach out for it in my purse.
I got a text from Lili. I tell myself.

*Why do I feel like you could use some company? Call me when you're free we need to arrange something and meet, what do you say?*
I half smile at her text. I feel like she's one of those people you meet and click with right away.
I answer her. I head to the office.
With all the news I got today, I need to sort out things, especially who would be managing the office and all the work when I'm gone.

******************************************
Hello my sweet readers I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Kindly point out if there's any errors or mistakes ...
And comment your thoughts I would appreciate it them all 💓