Chapter28: No more

On the way back home. I sat opposite Nicholas in the plane. It was silent.
He was tapping his foot like he was nervous for something.
I tried to ask him but I always got "nothing " as a reply.
So I stopped asking.
We arrived early in the next morning. I didn't shop for anything appart from the dress I wore to the dinner with his father. So I only had the luggage I already left with.

We sat in the car. And he drove me back home. This was the weirdest situation I've had to deal with out of all the situations that we had together.
He wasn't talking or showing anything.
And that made me nervous too.
Last nights' dinner went smoothly regardless of the awkwardness we all felt after the heated conversation Mr.Harris had with his son. But eventually we were engaged in much relaxed conversations during the dinner. And it went smoothly.
And this is exactly why I don't understand Nicholas' mood right now.

Finally we arrived home.
He started taking off his seat belt too.
I raised my eye brows at him. If course he didn't care and stepped outside the car.
Toke out the luggage and went to the door.
My sister opened the door and hugged him then he whispered something into her ears while she smiled.
Then her eyes met mine and she ran towards me and engulfed me in a big hug.
"I've missed you so much! Did you have fun? Did you get me anything?"
"Mmm No I didn't, you didn't say you wanted anything ..."
"I just thought you'd get me something anyways"
"Sorry" I say and stick out my tongue.
"Come inside, you must be tired"

And that's when EVERYTHING started ...
"Is your dad here?"
"Yes he's in his office upstairs... do you want him to come down"
"Yes please, we need to talk all of us "
Delilah went up to call dad.
And I was sitting there feeling confused.
Nicholas called Liam and he said he was nearby from what I've gathered.
After 15 minutes we were all sitting in the living room. We all had drinks in our hands and my dad started asking.
"So what's going on my son, is everything alright?"
"Yes it is but there's a matter I'm afraid we all misunderstood and it just started getting complicated"

No I felt numb... I care about my family and they're the only thing I have... I don't wanna lose them.
He started talking and talking and he explained everything right from the start. I felt with every word that came out of his mouth a weight landing straight on my heart.
He told them about how my interview went with him all the way to when he fired me and when he saw who I was he was looking straight into my eyes, when he explain the details. The details that even I didn't knew of.
The he said "I love you, and I wouldn't wanna choose anyone else but you."
My sister gasped and she had tears in her eyes.
"Well now my chances with her just went out the window " Liam laughed this was not the time for a joke so he was met with silence.

I felt the walls tightening up around me... but I still managed to raise my head up and look at Delilah...

"I would never do anything that would cause you hurt, you're my only family and all I care about the most... I had no idea he'd be saying this. If you don't like this and you don't want me to be with him or whatever...I ... I wouldn't wanna choose you or dad over anyone and if I have to I'll choose you..."
"Just stop..." Delilah says, and left the room.
I didn't and couldn't go after her. My dad then started talking...
"You are both my daughters and I wouldn't want anything to come between you two... you two have a strong relationship and you'd work it out I'm sure, but for the time being give your sister sometime to think and process everything."
He smiled and added...
"But I'm happy for you two. If you decided to face everyone and talk it out then it is true,you wouldn't choose to risk your family being apart for a fling"
He hugged and kissed me in the forehead.
If my tears weren't already flowing they sure were now.
"I'll talk to Delilah" he says and went upstairs.

After what seemed like an hour...
The three of us, Nicholas and Liam and me were sitting in complete silence.
"So you talked to your father about all of this?" Liam asked.
"Yes" Nicholas answered abruptly.
"You did great" Liam says holding a thumbs up for Nicholas.

I choose to get up and see Delilah...
*knock knock
The door opened... and I'm face with Delilah,
She opened the door more for me to come in.
Then she launched at me and hugged me...

"I'm sorry I didn't know you had to go through all of that... I'm not being an angel and say I'm not hurt and I only care for you ... I am hurt cause I liked Nicholas and I was happy to be with him... but now that I thought more about it, it must've hurt you to see the man you love with me and not you and... and... he's not just anyone he's your first and you couldn't even tell me... "
she started crying...
We both cried but it felt good cause now I know I have my sister and I didn't lose her.

My dad then came in and found us laughing when cause now I was telling her the details which she found hilarious.
"That's what I'm talking about ... If there's anything I want the most out of this life is to have you two being happy and laughing and TOGETHER not letting anything to come in between you, promise me this! "
We said in union...
"We promise dad "
We hugged each other and he kissed each of us of the head the way he does it ever since we were little girls.
we then headed downstairs once more.

"I don't appreciate you lying but I do appreciate you not keeping it going for long also because Bella is not just any other girl " she winked at Nick.
With all of these events unfolding before me. It made me realize how wrong I was.

We had dinner together and the tension started to fade and we seemed to be relaxed around each other more.
It all seemed fine and good and I thought I had my happy ending at last... but...

The next morning someone opens up my bed room and I hear screaming... I didn't think much and I jump to my feet...
I ran after one of the maids to see what's going on cause I didn't seem to understand anything...
We go to my dads bedroom and there I finds him laying in his bed... but as I come closer he seemed...
I come closer and touched his face ... it was cold... He looked peaceful...

What happened in the few next hours is what I'd call the worst time of my life.the ambulance. my sister crying... Nick coming and hugging me... us rushing to the hospital and the doctors telling us he was in a critic state now.
That was the hardest thing to accept because we were just having dinner and laughing...
From now on I'll only remember the good things... and I'd appreciate what he had given me...I wouldn't be sad...
  He'll get better, we just have to believe in him. Believe in him and in us. We have to keep our promise to him stay strong and not let anything come between us...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
❤❤❤❤