Chapter 27: Meeting the dad

I got ready and went straight downstairs to meet Nicholas.
He was in the lounge, looking at his laptop.
"Good morning!" I say as I sit next to him.
"No morning kiss to me?" He says back.
I just raise my eye brow at him. Now that I'm actually sitting next to him I leaned in to kiss his cheek.
He turns his head and I end up kissing his lips. Yea I fell for that cliché move.
I turn my head and tried to deviate my attention to the breakfast before me.
"This looks yumy" I exclaimed.
" I figured you'd love some pancakes"
I started eating right away. I'm all about tasty food. I enjoy making it and I enjoy eating it even more.
"So we're going to be meeting my father today" Nicholas started.
"We? Why should I be going?" I ask.
"Because I need you there, he says he needs to talk serious things"
The meeting was at 04:00pm in Mr.Harris Anderson villa. We were meant to have a meal together.

After breakfast I went out to shop for something to wear. I didn't pack anything for such an occasion, I only thought about formal meetings.

Wondering around in the beautiful city of London, I seem to enjoy these walks around way too much, It like a ritual whenever I visit anywhere new.
I was in downtown because that's where all the shops and options are. It wasn't long before I found the right dress for the occasion in one of the stores.
I went to the fitting room and it actually look better now that I wore it. Without thinking twice I changed to my outfit and got out of the fitting room.
Shoes wasn't a problem for me so I decided to walk my way back to the hotel since I still got time.
When I arrived to the suite I quickly started getting ready. Nicholas was sleeping since he didn't get to sleep all night.
I did my hair into a normal updo. Following my hair I did my makeup. I know people do their make up first then hair, but I felt comfortable with this order.
I hear Nicholas moving and I know I should hurry up.
He got ready and knocked on my door asking if I have finished getting ready.
"Yes I'm coming!"
I got out and find Nicholas sitting on one of the sofas in close by my door.

"Every time I see you, it's like I see you for the first time"
"Do I look presentable? I had to go buy this dress earlier just for this"
"You look stunning" he got up from his seat and came close to me and kissed my forehead. Now if you had any doubt about cuddling being intimate, I'm sure kissing my forehead is for sure is.
"Let's go the car is downstairs waiting" and he held his hand is mine.
We arrived to the villa and all went as planned. Of course I tried my best not to get distracted by all the beauty of all the details. I'm always guilty of dozing out when I see beautiful things.

We were lead to the living room and were told that Mr.harris will be here shortly.

"Hello son!" I hear a very deep voice from up the stairs that lead to the living room I was currently in.
"Hello father, you seem to be getting younger every time I see you" Nicholas laughed and I've actually never seen him joke nor smile like that to anyone. Seeing him like this brought a warm feeling to my heart.

"Oh hello there young lady you must be Delilah" Mr.Harris greeted me and kissed me on both of my cheeks.

"No dad that's Isabella, it's Delilah sister" Nicholas corrects Mr.harris in a monotone.

"This must be a beautiful family you're marrying into son. But why is Isabelle here instead of Delilah?"
Mr.Harris seemed clueless at was going on on his sons life. But at this point I myself don't know the answer to his question. But did I stay quiet? No, my big mouth had to cut in.

"I'm actually assigned some work to do with your company in the behalf of our firm. I mean I work with my father my sister and I."
Nicholas and Mr.harris looked at me, but they both had different expressions on. Nicholas looked unpleased with what I said. But Mr.Harris smirked and kept looking between me and Nicholas.

"She means she's with me" Nicholas answers.
"I know I'm old but I'm not a fool, would you two explain what's going on here?" This was Mr.Harris.

"I'm tired of dragging this on. But since we're both here I might as well start explaining things to you" Nicholas started.

"Can we have this privately Nick?" Mr.Harris said while getting up and going upstairs expecting Nicholas to follow him, which he did right away.
I was left alone in that big living room.
I was curious about this place so I went to investigate and look around.
After I finished going around the whole first floor and examining the stunning painting that decorated the place. I started ascending the stairs.

"You can't foolishly shame the name I've work my whole life on building" I hear Mr.harris screaming.
I got close to the voices' source.
"She's his daughter as well. And I did meet her first"
"No one cares about the details" he took a deep sigh then continued "does anyone else know about this?"
"No, you're the first to know, oh and Liam" Nicholas says.
"Liam knows of this?" I was surprised if Liam knew of this all along then why was he dating me?
"He tried to keep us away and keep me on track but here we are. He even went out on dates with Bella so I won't come near her" Nicholas explains.
That explains a lot. I feel stupid, he played me. Yet what I was doing wasn't any better. I lied to him as well, so I guess we're even.
"About Liam I need..." my silly self had to move and make a sound right there, which made Mr.harris stop talking.
"Oh you're here!" He quickly changed the conversation.
Then one of the house workers came in and declared dinner being served. So we were all escorted went to the dinning room.
Too many thought in my head.
What now?
And what was Mr.harris going to say about Liam?